How is your weather? (Part 1)

-15 as I type this. At least there’s no wind

2 Likes

Warm January even for us

2 Likes

We get all the seasons in winter over here in Texas. 70s yesterday. Sleet this morning. Back up to 70s next week. I can’t blame my trees for not knowing what to do at this point.

1 Like

It’s going to get worse…

Dropped to 14F here… only thing with no snowcover is no ground insulation so frost is probably getting pretty deep about now.

What is crazy is those temps are almost bordering on being too warm for me!.. anything 80F or more is hot in my book… I think that is why i’d probably enjoy desert winters more…Phoenix looks perfect … if i had no kids and free time and money i;d run right about now!

2 Likes

Maybe down by you. Today was the lowest low temp in the 10 day forecast.

thats a warm july / aug here!

1 Like

I think there is still plenty of cold to come after this week…the gfs shows a plummet late week…a very quick warmup (from teens below 0F to almost freezing) …along with a bunch of snow (yikes)>…and then a really good shot a week from now…sun/mon morning could see the -20F or a tad colder…all depends on that snow and how much it piles up… GFS going nuts but its way too far out.

1 Like

Could be. Long range forecast here showing -10 for lows Saturday, Sunday, Monday. Cold, but certainly nothing unusual for mid January.

How’s our weather? Dry, dry, and more dry. And keep in mind, this is our “rainy season”.
I’m in Livermore.
IMG_8098

The GFS is jumping all over … now showing rain again Tuesday… but yeah if we don’t get some snow cover temps aren’t going much below 0F… Wait and see i guess. Still a very odd winter around here…

Well we dodged a bullet here…system is moving out with less rain than predicted and no freezing rain(!!!). Snow is now gone. Trying to get rid of a cold…if I feel better Wed. looks good for more apple tree pruning 40 & partly sunny. Noreaster on the horizon for next Saturday.

2 Likes

The up and down weather here in Texas has awoken my White Pakistan and Valdosta mulberries(pictured below). A few years ago my area had a last frost date in mid February. Hoping that’s the case this year, but you never know. Long term doesn’t look too good. I need to look into how to protect these suckers for potential low 20s(which we hit last year in March). Y’all have any suggestions?

you dodged. we got hit square with 18in. of fresh powder. sleds been ripping by on the trail next door.

2 Likes

3 inches of snow last night and another 3 moving in now… winter is here…

snow storm forecast this week PNW.

another 3 or 4 inches of snow… don’t think this is melting for awhile.

Mild today… tomorrow nite should be a cold one.

Looking good for snow on Fri into Sat… maybe a lot… big storm on the GFS but that can change quickly…after we should drop well below 0F both Sun morning and again Tues…

9-18" of snow between now and Saturday. Then 35+ mph winds kick in. Gonna be ugly if the forecast is close to accurate.

Yeah… looking at a good shot of 6+ inches in most of this area… Going to have a pretty good snow pack down by Sunday.