How is your weather?

GFS says game over next week… Lots of cold air heading this way. Pattern change. The 20th/21st would both see subzero high temps… ugh… i guess it has to happen.

Still no snow here…

You’re more than welcome to take ours for the rest of the winter

It IS supposed to be winter

no…this has been amazing. very weird though… it feels like November still… one of the weirdest late fall/early winters i can think of… too bad its going to do a last year and flip hard… we also started last Jan warm and then flipped to -30F… so who knows.

I think it’ll start to feel like a proper winter again real soon! :open_mouth:

Snow came this evening and very windy at the moment.

Thanks for the map…but I tend to think it’s a bit exaggerated but we will see.

I agree. GFS tends to overshoot the cold. But still worth watching. Seems a pattern shift in a couple of weeks seems to be the direction of most forecasters.

GFS is almost always too cold…but…there are times when it isn’t. The issue right now is snowcover…without snow this time of year…it is about 10F warmer then it would be with typical snowcover… I will say the cold weds morning… (it was 4F here…without snow…with snow that would have easily been -10)… was shown on maps almost 2 weeks ago (i know because i had an appt on that day so i was looking way out ot see what hte weather would be like))… I really think the weatherman may one day go away…once models become even more accurate … Alexa what will the temp be 11 days from now… “bla blah blah…and blah blah blah”,

Jan 18-24… looks awfully cold in the central US… Whole country look cool…except Florida…

-15 as I type this. At least there’s no wind

Warm January even for us

We get all the seasons in winter over here in Texas. 70s yesterday. Sleet this morning. Back up to 70s next week. I can’t blame my trees for not knowing what to do at this point.

It’s going to get worse…

Dropped to 14F here… only thing with no snowcover is no ground insulation so frost is probably getting pretty deep about now.

What is crazy is those temps are almost bordering on being too warm for me!.. anything 80F or more is hot in my book… I think that is why i’d probably enjoy desert winters more…Phoenix looks perfect … if i had no kids and free time and money i;d run right about now!

Maybe down by you. Today was the lowest low temp in the 10 day forecast.

thats a warm july / aug here!

I think there is still plenty of cold to come after this week…the gfs shows a plummet late week…a very quick warmup (from teens below 0F to almost freezing) …along with a bunch of snow (yikes)>…and then a really good shot a week from now…sun/mon morning could see the -20F or a tad colder…all depends on that snow and how much it piles up… GFS going nuts but its way too far out.

Could be. Long range forecast here showing -10 for lows Saturday, Sunday, Monday. Cold, but certainly nothing unusual for mid January.