How is your weather? (Part 1)

It’s January 15, halfway thru meteorological winter, and here, at least, it’s just getting started.

-0f temps coming next week . getting several small snowfalls the next 5 days. just enough that i need to ssnowblow.

1 Like

Winter began here right around Halloween.

4 Likes

end of oct. and all of nov. were colder than dec. to present here.

1 Like

It tried that here, but it was transitory.

1 Like

Raining here now, about 45, but supposed to clear out later today. But, also going to get cooler (seasonal norms) starting tomorrow. Haven’t had any appreciable snow yet this season. Ground is pretty squishy again, due to more rain last weekend.

Ya, I knew folks well south of here had a blast of winter early but then it warmed up. My Mom lives north of Madison, WI and they haven’t had much of a winter either.

Winter hasn’t been transitory here…at all.

2 Likes

Snowing this afternoon…must be the cold air that is going to push in here for the next 24hours…should be a very chilly morning tomorrow… quick warmup with the storm incoming for Fri/Sat… going 6 to 8 inches here…

It was bad in Oct because the trees were still leafed out, and the heavy snow caused a lot of breakage. Otherwise, the stuff was gone in two days

1 Like

Silly me…I thought citrus was the only winter crop in North Florida. My PAF blackberries and Flordahome pear seem to be enjoying this mid-January weather.

8 Likes

GFS has -18F monday morning…but there looks to be more mild air to finish out Jan so nothing strange for here…

What does GFS have for DuPage county IL?

WU has like +3

-18 the forecast low from NWS for tonight. Wind chills well into the -30+ range. Right now it’s only -6 and the wind chill is -27

2 Likes

Looks like low single digits below 0F… Sun/Mon/Tues all have a chance at going subzero… Nothing like last year…good thing is it comes and goes pretty quickly and we should be back to boring/mildish weather for the rest of the month.

-2F this morning…

1 Like

-24 with a -39 windchill right now. I wouldn’t be broken hearted if that’s as cold as it gets this winter.

1 Like

Our updated forecast for today is 6-9 inches of snow which is a good thing considering the cold temps in the forecast over the next 10 days.

1 Like

That’s insane right there. How’s it possible we are even in the same country atm? Lol it’s just over 50° here at 7:47AM.

It was lot colder in parts of North Dakota this morning than it was here.

That is cold… :slight_smile:

keywest

I’ve driven down the keys…it’s a different country down there…get south of Okeechobee and its like the tropics with rare shots of cold air few winters…coconut palms… Could never live there but it would be fun to grow tropicals…

sunshine at least today.

3 Likes

I bet. It’s just crazy the extreme differences. Weather will do its thing, at the end of the day.