How is your weather? (Part 1)

If low 30s is a heat wave, then yeah. I’ll sure take low 30s over -30s

1 Like

The cold stays bottled up well to the north… this could come back to haunt us later though…it probably will…

Jan 30th…

Even California should really warm up into the mid 70Fs or better… nice time to head west.

1 Like

bring it on! :wink:

Well, there is bound to be a silver lining there somewhere…if the cold stays ‘bottled up’ in the arctic, the icecaps will grow, and maybe the “Ice caps are melting, going to flood the world” hysteria will slow down bit.

2 Likes

Supposed to be the lowest temps of the year so far in Neptune, Beach currently at 51 at 230 pm should fall to around 35 tonight. Freeze watch inland. Think im gonna hold off pulling the succulents inside for another night. I have a mango thats starting to bloom that I think I will bring in to be safe though.

True…keep the cold contained where it should be… Alaska should get a nice cold stretch again… Enough snow up this area to keep temps contained to the 30Fs or so…maybe a little warmer if we melt some. Trees are still very much dormant.

Jan is running +5.5F for the month…so pretty mild… coldest temp has been -5F so far… Very different from last Jan.

its been mild winter here too. not as mild as you but we’ve only had a handful of -0f at night. totally different than the last 2 winters that had a month of -20f during the days. 2 winters ago we had quite a few -30f during the day.

-24 here last week Thursday morning. Funny what a big difference a few hours can make. It certainly hasn’t been as cold here as last year was (so far anyway), but we’ve had plenty of below zero temps since early November.

1 Like

It’s been too mild. The stone fruit is waking up. This has happened the last few years. Seems to be the new norm.

4 Likes

Coldest temps of the year expected tonight. Im lucky enough to live in the most northern area of the light blue shade. The purple is hard freeze warning light blue is wind chill advisory. Gonna be too close for comfort tonight about to bring all the tropicals I can move close to the south wall of my house. Here we go been waiting for this moment for sometime.

Miami is forecasting falling iguanas…with temps in the 30Fs/40Fs…they get cold and fall out of trees. be careful out there.

Sunshine and right around 20F here today…nice Jan day…started cold…0F… Last week the GFS was so out to lunch with subzero temps around here…but i’ll take it.

2 Likes

Miami, FL was 40F this morning… ouch! Got to have been years the last time it was that cold.i’ll have to dig it up…

Cancun, Mexico was 55F… by far coldest morning for them.

Interesting in that even in a warm pattern it can still get chilly in the subtropics…

Looks like snow here for the next 2 days… mild though…temps in mid 30Fs…

1 Like

This winter may end up with no temps below 0 here. Not natural.

we have had only a handful during the day and not much below -5f. very unusual here as well. not complaining as I’m saving on heating oil and getting some ice fishing in. :wink:

It’s really going to have to get a move on if it gets to the predicted 43 here today. It was 20 well up into the a.m. and apparently as low as 14 in some places last night…well below the forecast.

Too early to say this is the warmest of winters…the low for the winter was 13 here around 20 years ago…I expect it to drop below that range in February…but it may indeed not go below zero. And that will be fine with me here in Kentucky!

31 and cloudy. I’m not used to that kind of warmth. Worked up a heck of a sweat snowshoeing today. Didn’t need the hat or long johns I had on

2 Likes

33 and snowing heavily for the last hour. Only supposed to get 1-3" but had that by 1400. Temps are to be mild for the next three days. Here’s to hope!

It’s a chilly 50 degrees here in NE FL…windy…hit our low temp of the year so far year of 32.5…for some reason that feels much colder here than in other places…looking for a warming trend then rain at the end of the week.

Our snowstorm this weekend is turning into a rainstorm with some possible mixed Sat night. Sunday is showing 43 degrees & rain. Goodbye to the snow again! :grinning:

not up here! looks like another ft.

1 Like