How is your weather? (Part 1)

It has turned to light rain/drizzle here…the streets are all slop and a lot of melt is happening.

Had maybe 3 or 4 inches overnight…

Looks mild all next week…

2 Likes

Forecast high in the 40’s but it’s 51 currently here in KY…zone 6b.

6b here as well. Just South of BlueBerry and it is 43 and raining.

Pretty heavy snow this morning around here…this should be about it i hope. We have really jumped into winter…solid 6+ inches of snow on the ground now…

My son has been sick for almost a week… seems like everyone has kid/kids that are sick right now. Really moving thru this area (i think its the flu).

I feel ya there Stu, Halloween is correct on your history from 2019, it can be spring in March this year I’m ok with it.

1 Like

Influenza B has been really bad here. My kids and grands have all passed it around. Seems like us ol’ fogies are immune.

1 Like

Yeah…my son had what we think was that which has turned into a nasty cough…which is slowly getting better… Last year he never got sick.

Long range looks blah… its been cloudy here for a week now…maybe more… temps are stuck between low 20Fs and low 30Fs… not much melt happening…snowpack is all crust now. Next week we should finally clear out and night should drop off into single digits/below 0F when some colder air shows up… Be nice to see some more sunshine.

Last year on 30th it was -26F
On the 31st it was -33F

1 Like

We had a pretty decent January for once. I’ll take it! The bad storms missed us, no severe cold, either.

2 Likes

A little heavy on the rain for this early in the year but quite normal everything else considered.

1 Like

same here. our weather was colder in nov. snow is half it was last year but still 2ft. above average.

Dang!

1 Like

we had 176in. of snow last year. 3rd. most on record.

I was getting ready to leave this morning and i counted 8 squirrels…a group of 5 all following each other and 3 more still up in a tree… That can’t be good.

27F and clouds again. Maybe this weekend we see sun. The endless clouds are getting so old. This is like November.

2 Likes

I see that all the time here. It doens’t bode well for my future orchard. My cats are no help, I sometimes see them lounging in the lawn as the squirrels dig around them.

2 Likes

A chilly morning coming up next Tuesday. Otherwise, I expect all the citrus/avocado will start to flush in another week or 2.

1 Like

The sun has returned! I’m thinking that was about a 10 day stretch of clouds…we actually had snow yesterday. Very mild weekend…should be in the 40Fs tomorrow.

1 Like

46F at 9am… heatwave…might hit 50F at this rate… We melted a lot of snow yesterday…today should get rid of more. Only downside is winds gusts could blow to near 40…so…

58 degrees today. Snow melted lije a river run. Will be colder the next few days.

1 Like

We are also 58° today, but for us, that’s a 12° drop! Was 70° here yesterday.

Will no one think of the groundhog? I gather that his verdict for the year is that the polar vortex is done for and Spring starts today.

1 Like