How is your weather? (Part 1)

That is what moves thru here midweek…although the core of the cold looks more aimed at the NE… Looks awfully chilly into New England…

1 Like

ouch! thats gonna hurt!

1 Like

At least we got one day of the winter into negative temps.

So a trip out to the orchard today to look at our peaches reveals what everyone has been saying…it has been a much milder winter overall…at least that’s what the peach buds are saying.

6 Likes

-2F… should go into the negative teens tomorrow morning… hopefully that is it for subzero… Another cold shot should come thru the last few days of Feb…so maybe another subzero shot then…but i do think we’ll start to really eat away at this snow with temps going into the 40Fs…so th at should help moderate temps. …should have a good 5 days straight of some mild temps starting Frida.y…

It’s nasty windy and cold here tonight.

1 Like

30f this morning , -5f now. -15f by tom. morning.

2 Likes

-16 last night, -19 tonight. -30 windchill tomorrow.

May have a few days in the low 30s by the weekend. That’ll be nice

1 Like

same here. mid 30’s all weekend and almost 40f mon! almost t-shirt weather!

2 Likes

No signs of an early spring here

1 Like

Brownsburg VA 6b, some warming in store for us, after we get through snow showers today

1 Like

Looks like a mild stretch and another dump of chilly (but not as cold as this) later in the month… long range who knows. The lenghtening days always helps but March and even April can really turn back into winter at anytime. I do wonder if subzero temps are done here now… maybe we make a run at it late month…we’ll have to see how much snow melts too… I think it’ll be pretty sloppy this weekend.

Temp bouncing around this morning but coldest so far is -14F… Feels so cold out there. It will feel like spring by Sat/Sun with temps in the 40Fs…

2 Likes

I left my chicago hardy plum outdoors. Supposed to be ok to -10, but it sure looks bad

That would feel like spring. I’ll be happy with anything above freezing. I don’t think we’ll lose much, if any snow. Over night temps in the teens take a long time to overcome. It may hit 36 here, but it will be for an hour or two at the very most.

Yeah the snowpack will have to warm some…hopefully we get a lot of sun today and tomorrow to get things moving. Even yesterday afternoon i noticed some melting and that was mid teens.

Look at Black River Falls… -30F and climbing to zero already… they should be above 40F this weekend…

coldmorning

where i live is extremely hot for the season - unusually hot main course recipes. do you think that all recent amazon/ brazil/ australia’s bushfires have something to do with the unusually hot weather for this season?

Will start my growing season fertilizing this weekend. Winter is over, here in the West Coast.

Envious, without a doubt :sunny:

1 Like

by time it gets that warm here everything has already leafed out and bloomed. honey berries would be ripening.

3 Likes

Yeah, we too are seeing the citrus start to flush. And the Avocados’ are starting to swell. Meanwhile the Poms leafed out back in late Jan.