How is your weather? (Part 1)

Those look way better then a typical ATV…i like the windshield …like a little pickup truck. The Alaskan yt couple i’ talked about in the past have a 6x6 … although i think those can have mechanical issues.

My older brother bought one of those little Chinese pickup trucks with the tilting bed… have no idea why.

Snowstorm looks south a little…right on the edge here… Madison/…might be in for a foot or more… this could be a big storm for someone.

1 Like

mines just a 2 seater but with plenty of storage. wasn’t going to buy one but it was the wifes idea so why argue. was fall of 18’ left over and i got a great deal on it.

We bought a 2011 625i Gator about the same time, used with ridiculously low hours. Holy cow has that thing been put to work! It has a power dump box and locking rear differential. We don’t use it in winter, but have looked at tracks for it (ouch @ $3000!). My orchard site is 1/2 mile from the house so it gets a work-out going back and forth. The dog loves to ride in it, but is afraid of it otherwise since she ran into the side of it (the dumbest Labrador in the history of the world). We have over 6 miles of access trails throughout our property, so it really helps with maintenance. I wasn’t in favor of the purchase, same as you, because we have so many tractors and felt they were more capable. However, i have to admit I’m the one that monopolizes it now!

2 Likes

mine also has a locking differential but I haven’t had to use it . in low range i pulled my pick up out of the ditch with it once in a snowstorm. it has a lot of power. we have a great trail system here so we like to ride out to a local restaurant over looking a local lake on the weekends. why the wife wanted it. we also ride with friends.

2 Likes

My brother’s use them for planting food plots/ice fishing/deer hunting… My neighbors use them for snow plowing (4 of my neighbors have atvs…and i live in town…)

Snowstorm is trending south and east… Good hit for Madison and maybe Milwaukee (they need it)… areas along the lake could get a good amount… Shouldn’t see much here …

43F yesterday…should do a few better today.

I woke up to the sound of a garden hose against my window, but it was rain mixed with tiny bits of hail. The trees still look like they have buds on them, but I still have to go out and check.

Joints aching and cracking today. We’re going to get snow. Hard to tell how much, though.

45f and sunny. let my chics out to sun/ sand bathe. got some play sand from the hardware store. they haven’t had a good bath since last fall. they’re all sprawled out in the sun on straw right now.

4 Likes

Storm track really shifted this morning…now its a Chicago snow storm… Madison might get very little… I’ll take it!

1 Like

Broke 50 degrees today…going to town pruning apple trees.

Thursday looks like a mess…8-12 inches as of right now.

2 Likes

hit 47 here. was walking in the yard in a t shirt. :wink:

1 Like

Next heatwave looks stronger…although you are going to go from this to a shot of cold and then right back up…

1 Like

1 Like

Say it isn’t so…hit 47 here in Kentucky and I was chilling in the misty rain with 6 layers of clothing on!

lol! but you can work in the yard comfortably up to 90f. I’m under ac once it cracks 72!

1 Like

True enough, if the humidity isn’t higher than the air temperature, I can handle 90.

1 Like

47 and sunny without wind feels really nice after a long winter. 47, misty, and breezy…not so pleasant

2 Likes

36F… some hazy sunshine… strong north winds so doubt temps go anywhere.

No cold now in the forecast… just some teens… extended looks “mild”…couple chilly days and should be back above 40F from Sun and into next week. More and more grass is showing again…so snow pack is on its way out if this continues.

1 Like

Hit 50 again today…beautiful late Feb. weather. Another day in the 40s tomorrow before the big snow/rain/wind storm on Thursday.

1 Like

Wow! 66 degrees for Saturday. We are warming up here way too early this year. Some buds are swelling. Not a good sign at the moment.

1 Like