How is your weather? (Part 1)

I’d say we are snowfree… just a few remaining piles that are shaded and even those got zapped hard this weekend…i have some ice in front of the house in the shade but even the water that had been pooling up from it melting drained finally (soil must have unthawed enough).

Almost no wind here this afternoon…a huge change from the past few days. Temp went from 56F at 5am to currently 37F… so cold front has slid thru.

72 F this afternoon in central MA. Amazing.

portland , me 67f today. frenchville ,me 23f. talk about a wide spread of temps in a med sized state.

It’s been awesome here in SE AZ. We keep getting rain from these odd systems coming up from the S.

2 Likes

You must be pretty far north in the Metro? My wife was in the cities over the weekend and said the snow was gone. Even St. Cloud was getting pretty bare she said.

I think along the roads/highways it goes a lot quicker, partly because of salt and partly because of dirt on the snow that absorbs the suns heat. My yard is still 80% snow covered. I’m in southern Anoka County only 15 minutes from downtown Minneapolis.

Wayne, I was just down in your neck of the woods last week camping on Lake Patagonia near Nogales. Thoroughly enjoyed my time 5 days there, absolutely beautiful part of the world!

1 Like

Right on. Did you notice the locals wearing jackets and complaining about the cold? :rofl:

Good show on PBS last night about a group that took wood boats down the Colorado River from Lee’s Ferry… I need to go there. The one group just about sunk their boat numerous times.

2 Likes

Students in local colleges in shorts and flip flops in Lexington VA, but we have gotten used to seeing that sort of thing even in cold weather.

Yeah, mid 50s and they were bundled up good

just got another 7in. of snow. temps in the upper 20’s. no sign of spring here!

1 Like

10 degrees when I got up this morning. No spring here either

1 Like

Wow…i had 27F on the car dash. Moon was huge in the western sky this morning. I hate this time change…just leave it summer time year round.

Nice clear skies…should warm nicely with no snow on the ground…but clouds are suppose to move in quick and rain/snow tonite :frowning:

3 Likes

There was literally a 50 degree difference between Northern Maine and Southern Maine on Monday. I drove down to RI…when I left it was around 40…Portland was 60…MA was in the mid 70s.

3 Likes

Day 9/10 looks very warm in the northeast… It would appear the cold shots are more targeted to the west at least for the next week or so…

Fog here this morning…rain overnight…about a 1/4 inch.

It’s been amazing. My backyard hit 88 degrees. Looks like the rain starts tomorrow.

I saw the first robins yesterday in my yard…

Extended continues to look mild …very March like… Today wasn’t all too bad…i was outside in a tshirt (some sun later in the day)… upper 40Fs…light winds.

2 Likes

It’s raining here. Not a down pour just a light rain. But for us, in mid-March at 8300’ this is pretty unusual.

1 Like

Starting to take soil temps

1 Like