How is your weather? (Part 1)

Rain on and off the rest of the week/weekend around here…mild though. Next week shows more spring type weather… I left my plants outside last night… gardenia/tea/fig… should be little to no frost until Mon morning…

finally seeing some dirt in the driveway. in the low 40’s. the maple camps are in full production.

4 Likes

75 next 3 days…and I already have 3 apple trees with blooms.

1 Like

Its been nice here sunny with 10-12c=50s in the day and -2 to -4C= mid to high 20s at night, a bit behind this year but still on track, stone fruit buds have swelled but still quite a ways off, dye for a warmup and rain and then hopefully some sun for good pollination

Have had good weather for 3 days for outside work. Today is the last before the rain starts, and I hope to finish setting out plants in the veg garden.

ETA: which did.

Hopefully the rain will be good rains. We are in need right now. Allergy season has been really bad with no rain…

2 Likes

What did you plant out? I have plants outside now but nothing in the ground…though i guess i should get moving on lettuce/broccoli.

heh - lettuce and broccoli - and cabbage

Onions and potatoes too

58F and some sun… i had to clean out my shed so never got to planting… i’ll do it in the rain tomorrow.

1 Like

Some of us never mow lawns.

Anyhow…it sure is a shock to go from 80 to 43…….

2 Likes

Made it into the low 60Fs yesterday with full sun and very little wind. Almost a perfect day outside of possible global collapse :slight_smile:

Should be 50Fs or better all week…lots of sun.

2 Likes

We’ve had a bubble of crappy cold, clouds and snow over us for much of the past week. Hopefully it starts acting more like spring this weekend!

Same here, cool and wet for almost a week with a bit of sun peeking through. I’m worried about the fungus that may be among us

1 Like

must have missed us. sunny and mid 40’s here. snowpack is taking a beating.

2 Likes

Second week of April looks very warm in the east/southeast and very cold in the Pacific NW/Rockies etc etc…brrr…

Could use the ground to dry out a bit

Hmmmmm….that might set things up for an April tropical storm…would that be a first?

With the world right now… anything could happen. For sure look for severe weather…there is a lot of cold and a lot of heat… there should be plenty of juice for tnads…probably in the typical spots…to the south…

1 Like

30F this morning…some frost out there. Mix of sun and clouds…low 50Fs today. Rain for late week. Mild though.

Grass has turned green here…about right on schedule. Lilacs are showing green …some tulips are pushing…lots of my strawberries are starting to wake up. Really can’t complain this spring so far (from a weather viewpoint).

A guy i follow in N Thailand…it was 95F there today…said April is their hottest month…i’m guessing the rains must follow the extreme heat,…like in India.

2 Likes

Welcome to early Spring in the Big O. 70s degrees for a few weeks and now this. The 60s and 70s will be back in a few days. It was fun to move the 150 potted figs back into the shelter and out again in a few days.

6 Likes