How is your weather? (Part 1)

Weather models completely bombed this weeks forecast. Clouds and 60F today… This low dropping southeast just isn’t moving as fast as i think the models thought it would …today last week should have been in the 80Fs on the GFS…be lucky to see low 60Fs… Its suggested we could clear some tomorrow but clouds could return from the south for Thurs…

heat wave cancel

1 Like

The recent MCS has turned around and is coming backwards

CAR galls are out again. I put on my boots and went out in the wet to spray fungicides. This aft, if it gets drier, I will spray for the curcs on everything but the slow Gala apple, still in bloom.

Monsoon hits Sheboygan: 4.64" SUN, 1.04" MON, 0.24" this morning (TUE).

1 Like

5 gallon bucket nearly half full in a week here…only rain gauge I have myself.

1 Like

We measured 8" over 4 days

1 Like

At least you are getting sun up there… i’m watching the visible sat loop and you can see the clearing move from east to west across north central Wisconsin… probably be warmer in Duluth today then Chicago.

Sitting at about 60F here…its gotten “brighter”…

Denver near 90F today…think that is record for them…

Holy cow…had no idea that much rain fell. I guess we got really lucky here. You don’t need that. Probably have 10 pound heads of lettuce and 25lb heads of cauliflower :slight_smile:

heat wave coming here. supposed to hit 81f thurs.! then its supposed to stay in the lower 70’s after that. gotta get my raised beds planted. garlics up about 4in.

2 Likes

As of 5pm we have just under 2.5 inches so far. The heavy stuff seems to have moved east, but we’re still in store for more overnight before it moves out completely. M-Day ought to be nice, though.

We’ve been dry for a few days now…and forecast is not showing a lick of rain until at least next Friday 5/29. Mini heat wave incoming with 85-90 on Friday. Things will dry out quick with that type of heat.

1 Like

i already have been watering the new plants i put in this spring. normally i don’t have to as our springs are usually very wet. not this year. most rain has passed to the south. watered tonight.

2 Likes

I have lawn and clover plots going dormant in May. I haven’t mowed lawn yet, and I may not need to for quite awhile if this keeps up. My wife and I strung about 350’ of hose and watered a corner of our wildflower plot where most of our Russel Lupines are growing. At least we may get some of them to bloom. Also watered the veggie garden. It is late July dry here.

2 Likes

Mid 60Fs today…had a little sunshine so that was nice. Clouded up later in the day again. Hopefully tomorrow is the beginning of a warmup. NWS says 80Fs starting friday thru early next week…

1 Like

They Say it’s going to be even worse with this system around the Ohio Valley

I’m jealous…For some reason I’ve had a tough time growing blackberries…need to try again…

1 Like

Been dry down here and warm…you can tell summer is almost here…we’ve had rain in the forecast but nothing since the end of April…calling for some today but looking out my window all I see are blue skies…

We’d happily take some of that rain they’re getting up around Chicago…

2 Likes

Me too. I had 6 other Ouchitas that all died. 6 Triple Crown all died… These guys have been healthy producers from the start. Weird. I’ve had good luck with Starkbros so I have some Stark BlAck Gem coming I’m going to try. My family love blackberry…

I tried Ouchitas and Apache, both were busts…don’t think it was the soil, blackberries should grow just about anywhere. Heck I’ve even seen them on the side of the road not far from my house. Maybe I’ll give the starkbros a shot.

same here as well and no appreciable rain in sight.

maybe try growing them in some afternoon shade? I’ve always thought blackberries were the weed of the south like raspberries are here.

1 Like