How is your weather? (Part 1)

the farmers were planting some fields i drove by yesterday. the dust those 2 tractors were throwing up made me and a few other cars slow right down as you couldn’t see squat!

3 Likes

A couple of triple digit days coming up for us :frowning:

1 Like

What a late May day. We hit 90 briefly but it was hot all day. Still 78 at 9:00pm! Tomorrow night & Sunday night says we are going down to 38…boo!!!

1 Like

I know. Some of you want the rain to stop! But if this forecast is true for us? It’s a blessing. My grass is all getting crunchy and I’m watering the garden every day sometimes morning and evening.

Don’t know if you can see it or not but that’s beautiful wonderful fabulous rain

2 Likes

We hit 84F @ the house today. I was working in the nursery bed all day and a lady stopped to ask if she could purchase some of my wood chips (nope). She said it was 88F. Getting dry here. I emptied 230 gallons on the nursery bed and wished I had time to draw another load.

1 Like

We have a frost advisory for tonight after 90 degrees yesterday…another shot at 90 coming on Wednesday.

1 Like

Maureen,
Thatis quite extreme. I feel for you and your trees.

Our low tonight is 45 F so I think we are out of hard frost or late freeze. Fingers crossed.

1 Like

That is quite the up and down. The air here is a little tropical…dewpoints have come up and last nights low was only 62F. Not quite Miami yet but getting there. Plants have really responded to the moisture. About a half inch of rain today…some thunder…mostly clouds as the low pressure has move across the area. Almost no wind this evening.

The Naefs is showing a large dome of heat over the Rockies for the early June.

Dew point up to 65F this afternoon… feeling very summery out there. Sun now and should make a run quickly into the low 80Fs.

Storms later…Storm chances thru late week and a dry late week/weekend in store for next week.

Almost going to need the AC on today. The nights are getting awfully warm sleeping.

This is way off. We are under an excessive heat warning here in California until at least Thursday Not below normal lol

In fact, here is the headline from a local weather blog " Intense, prolonged, and likely record-breaking May heat wave this week"

Yep, summer it is.

Looks like the local forecast has failed…no rain! First time on two weeks.
And next 10 days have rain in forecast.

Last year it was late May and all of June…hot steamy rainy…looks like a repeat.

We’ve got a summer pattern going up here. AC is cranked…hit 80F in the living room and i said… nope…can’t sleep with that…turning it back in meat locker.

Looking at the GFS… Sat morning would have us back into the 40Fs…looks like a very nice dry…“cooler” spell (at least for sleeping)…so AC can go off…but the extended is a torcher… GFS shows 90Fs early June…850 temps soar. Great…lettuce is toast. Growing a lot of melons this year…maybe they’ll work out.

2 Likes

Tornado reported by radar right now north of Des Moines. It can stay there!

1 Like

Mostly sun today with a few clouds…85F and humid…could have been a July day. Looks like rain moves in here pretty soon…storm coming in right up the Mississippi River. Heaviest rains look to be holding more over N Central Iowa…

GFS shows a cool shot heading into next weekend. Sat and Sun might not get out of the 60Fs… something to watch.

1 Like

Talking about rain…Miami has had almost 8 inches of rain in the last 48hrs…they are having some flooding issues. More in the forecast.

You turn on the AC at 80 degrees? I’m too cheap to do that. Plus, AC makes my knees ache big time.

80F inside the house…i try to keep it about 73-75F all summer inside. Basement is always cooler. Our house bakes in the summer…south exposure and not a lot of shade. I’ll probably run it until late week and open windows back up.

1 Like

Tomorrow will hit 90F, this week is like mid-summer. First half of this month we had 5 days with snow and 3 days under 27F low. Lost most of my pears, peaches, plums and all apricots.

1 Like