How is your weather? (Part 1)

Dropped to 52F…perfect sleeping weather with some windows open. Shooting for 71F today and tonite should really drop with 43F as the low… i would imagine the bog areas of central Wisconsin will be around freezing. By Tues its showing 90F so this is very short lived and should be enjoyed.

This is the day 7-10 gfs and euro…both showing that heat ridge over the upper midwest… I would imagine this will break down/shift east down the road.

I found the first ripe strawberry yesterday. Should be a few more coming. Not sure the variety but it was very good.

starting to cool here also. dew points dropping to the upper 30’s by this afternoon. thank God! the last 4 days have been like august weather. humidity hit 73% and 92f thurs.!

Upper 60Fs…and dews in the low 40Fs… about perfect weather today. I ate a ripe strawberry. They better ripen fast. Still a huge amount of flowers. I’m not sure how they’ll do with this heat coming. I’ll have to spray them with cold water so they dont’ cook on the vine.

I found my first ripe one today. Ate same.

just getting flowers on my alpines and ac wendy.

Down to 45F… Black River Falls had 32F. That should be about it…one more night in the upper 50Fs and rain/storms move back for early week with Tues in the low 90Fs…and humid.

Temps should relax some late week…but still hot. I think summer is here.

1 Like

Wow…and I am cooking my last ones into strawberry jam as I write this…about over.

1 Like

30.7F last night here at the house. The big garden sits lower than the house and often gets a couple degrees colder. Haven’t been down there yet to check my tomatoes. Everything in the garden by the house looks good.

1 Like

hit 32f last night. supposed to do it again tonight. most of my stuffs still small enough if its killed i can just replant. my trees and bushes blooms won’t see damage unless it gets below 29.

Yeah…this weather is all over the place…now saying 95F tomorrow here…and some tnads to go along with it. Raining here now and very windy…warm air moving in. Low of 69F tonite…time to AC it up.

Looks like the heat moderates into the rest of the week…so only one real hot day and then back to the 80s… Fri-Sun should be slightly cooler…maybe even drop back into the lower 70Fs by Sat…

1 Like

It wasn’t SUPPOSED to rain!

Yeah i had no idea either. Sunny now but the wind is blowing like mad.

.07 of precip…not much.just enough to make it extra humid. Dewpoint was 44F at 5Am and is now 57F…

1 Like

We have one nasty cold pocket over us right now…night 2 of low 30s on tap. Lots of people losing strawberries & garden plantings with this…in freakin June.:face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

2 Likes

escourt station hit 25 last night. was 29f here. supposed to be the same tonight. normal up here to get frost in the 1st week of june. everything is in bloom but I’m relying on the hardiness of these plants to pull though unscathed. most are z2-3 hardy. the less hardy stuff hasn’t flowered yet thank God.

1 Like

By Friday it looks pretty toasty over most of Maine. Those cold snaps we had in early May didn’t really do anything to my fruit that i’ve noticed. I wonder if these late cold snaps are better because the nights are shorter…

Nws mentions someone might hit 100F in this area… for severe weather the main threat is large hail. Oh great.

1 Like

It is sure hot and humid with all the recent rains. It was 94 degrees today and for the next few days then 88 degrees. Sizzling hot!

Yeah…very warm and humid. Extended doesn’t look nearly as hot now on GFS for here…heat might sit more out west. Also GFS is blowing up a tropical storm in the gulf and running it right into Louisiana…the Euro is more west and looks more like Texas.

2 Likes

Fortunately, we only hit mid-low 40’s here in southern NH. Enough to delay planting out the peppers, and make the tomatoes a little unhappy, but otherwise no problems. Could definitely use some more rain, though.

2 Likes

yeah. we barely got anything last week other than a few showers. it helped but we need a lot more.

2 Likes

I have 90F in the shade already… looks like the storms hold off until later… Dewpoints should climb into the low 70Fs…

I shaded my lettuce and some other crops behind plywood…see if that does anything. I guess i should container grow them in the future.

3 Likes