How is your weather? (Part 1)

Finally getting some rain! Not as intense as it looks, but I think we’ll get at least a half inch.

3 Likes

Baseball size hail and straight line winds incoming

Tornados touched down in southern MN to the West of me

well i did lose my veggies from the frost last night in the raised beds. tomatoes, cukes, beans and beets are toast but they just came up so ill just replant tomorrow, estcourt station 60 mi. n.w of me hit 22f. a new june record low for Maine going back 80 years. last week we broke a record high . what a swing in temps.

2 Likes

Hit 90 again today, no appreciable rain in over a week. At least the humidity has been down, so it’s tolerable. I was outside most of the day, and still have on the same shirt. Most days in the 90s equals 2 shirts…

Since we’ve had no rain in a week, the ground has really dried up. I tilled 4 garden plots the last couple days, and got beat up because the tines kept bouncing off the hard soil, almost like hardpan. I had to make min two runs on each plot to get them somewhat broken up. Prob will pay for it tomorrow.

Tomorrow will be a big planting day- beans, corn, cukes, brassicas, and taters later in the week. Yeah, it’s late, but the weather’s not been too cooperative this year. Supposed to rain some on Thu, actually could use a bit of moisture.

2 Likes

Looked nasty over there on the radar. No hail here that i noticed…did have golf ball just north of town and 60mph winds…didn’t see any tree damage, but some guy down the street lost some of his roof and a trampoline ended up in another person’s yard.

Nice thing is the temp dropped from 95F to 64F…although it jumped back up a few degrees.

1 Like

Strong trough and a super ridge… Chicago broke a record from 1944/1895…hitting 94F… Milwaukee beat their super old record with 93F. We hit at least 95F but not sure if that is a record.

I like it warm but this is too much. I don’t know how they do it down south with weeks/months of days like this… these cold fronts have a silver lining///get rain and get a nice cool off.
hot

3 Likes

can keep it there! :wink:

Looks like any real heat is gone until early next week and after that it looks much more mild. The heat retreats back out to NE/Kansas (the really hot stuff). For all i know…this could end up as the hottest day of the year… you never know.

2 Likes

Think we got to around 85 or 86 in my part of KY…84 on Monday…got to 59 last night with clear skies and low humidity. Time to start first watering of containerized plants…hit and miss as some are wet aplenty.

I didn’t end up getting hail thankfully. Like you had though there was strong wind. I wouldn’t mind getting a bonus trampoline myself. :laughing:
I was worried about the neighbor’s tree coming down on my chicken coop but it hasn’t happened yet. Speaking of chickens it was so hot here today they spent the whole day panting. I felt bad for them. Glad the cooler weather blew in to give them (and me) some relief.

2 Likes

last week when it hit 90 i felt so bad for mine i went and bought them a small watermelon and some frozen peas. :wink:

3 Likes

Mine are picky and won’t eat watermelon!! I will have to try the frozen veg idea. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Possible Derecho. Enhanced severe weather risk in Jersey.

really? mine love any melon.

Yep they are picky french girls. I just tried frozen peas, they picked them up then spit them out. :roll_eyes: I guess I’ll just let them pant!

2 Likes

they will do that until they start to soften some.

1 Like

Can you spray them with a hose or do they not like water? Maybe they need AC in their coop? How many do you have? We have cockatiels (birds) who like going in the water when it gets warm …just give them a shallow dish and they will take a bath.

Cooler look now in the extended. heat wave cancel? I’ll take it…even ‘cool’ in mid/late June is warm… Looks like the Alaskans warm back up.

Euro continues to take tropical storm into the gulf coast (LA)… Mumbai in India is getting hit with a cyclone …first time since the 1890s… the UK just had their sunniest May on record.

@NWSPendleton
STORM SURVEY UPDATE After close review of two high tension electrical towers that were partially toppled, we’ve increased maximum winds in the Jefferson County storm to 115 mph! These wind speeds are equivalent to a low-end EF2 tornado. #orwx #wawx

chickens hate water but sometimes i spray them anyway to cool them off.

2 Likes

Hmmm… are yours just for eggs or do you eat them? I’ve never raised them but i know people locally who have and they’ve had a lot of issues with foxes eating the birds.

88F this afternoon…not as humid…still too hot.