How is your weather? (Part 1)

Gorgeous here - 79 and sunny

1 Like

Looking at model…Sat Sun should both be “cool”… and then weds until following weds looks much cooler. Lows in the 40Fs looking likely a few of those nights later next week if the model holds.

As a tropical storm/hurricane hits gulf coast…looking like a good snow storm for parts of the Rockies in Montana/Wyoming. Rain for us as all this stuff combines and moves east.

just for eggs. i also have laying ducks and geese. we sell our extra. my coop is out in a open area that my 3 dogs patrol. the geese are very vocal if anything comes around day or night…

We finally got a couple of hours of rain this evening! First wet stuff in about a month…just in time for a couple of warm sunny days Thurs & Fri.

2 Likes

We got nothin’. I checked total accumulation from my Acurite home station for the month of May and it was 2.1", the average for May in our region is 3.8". Seeds on my veggie garden aren’t germinating, it’s too dry.

Seeds in mine wouldn’t germinate because it was too wet.

1 Like

same here. the oat fields should be lush green by now but a lot of it is spindly pale green. if we don’t get rain soon the farmers might not have much of a crop to harvest.

a little more rain…nice soaker, not torrential downpoint and the temps are nice…

looks like it’s going to be soggy for us through next week…

The gulf tropical storm/hurricane might throw some moisture your way… This whole mess looks to move due north and dump a lot of rain on … Kansas Iowa and Wisconsin…

The 6z GFS moved that heavy band a little west…but yeah…its going to get wet up here when that tropical storms brings its payload north. After that though high pressure takes over and should set up for some nice quiet/cooler weather for a few days/week.

1 Like

We got a nice round of showers, it was getting dry here, got to 88 before the rain started, got about a quarter inch.

2 Likes

Whelp, I was hoping that that quarter inch would be it, but no, we got another 1 1/4". The bean and corn patches are a bit mushy underfoot, hope that will be it. The upcoming heat ought to help get those seeds going, just hope that the other seeds didn’t get washed away. If it’s dry enough this weekend, we’ll plant out the seed potatoes.

I’m tickled to see rain…hope I got 2 inches…maybe I’ll find out tomorrow. Flash flood advisory currently.

Getting dry…useful rain.

I wouldn’t have minded a half inch, just enough to cut down on the pollen and loosen the soil a bit. But, it just started in again, and looks like it will be at it for a couple more hours at least. The forecast was for scattered showers today thru tomorrow. Maybe a quarter inch at the most, but if it keeps coming down the rate it is now, we’ll see 2.5" before it’s done. I should have mowed today before this hit, now I’ll have to wait a few days for it to dry out some. I freaking hate the weather here sometimes.

103 yesterday and 102 today. Very dry. Supposed to swing down to 82-83 tomorrow. Won’t get rain for a looooong time, but at least the melons are enjoying the dry heat!

Phoenix was 109F today… that is a little toasty.

91F here but dewpoints in the mid 50Fs so not as humid. Still hot.

0z GFS has a hurricane/tropical system hitting New Orleans…basically tracks straight up the Mississippi and ends up going right thru central WI… don’t usually get tropical systems coming up this way so this could be fun to watch play out… they usually curve east long before coming this far north.

Snow in the west… Rockies and parts of N California/Nevada

NWS Missoula

Temperatures will cool appreciably across the Northern Rockies
Saturday through Monday, with widespread rain and high elevation
snow developing. First, snow could become a hazard for those
traveling or recreating above 6000 feet Sunday night through Monday
morning. Even beyond snow accumulation, the lack of traction on
typically passable backcountry roadways, low visibility, and risk of
hypothermia in heavy, wet snow will be risks during this time. Take
time to consider how to endure winter weather conditions such as
these in your travel plans. Also, near-record cold daytime
temperatures may be present on Monday.

1 Like

Some nice rain this morning! I need to get a rain gauge or weather station, but my “did it get wet under trees” yardstick makes me want to say between 1/4" and 1/2" in a nice gentle rain.

A Storm Surge Watch has been issued for the northern Gulf of Mexico
coast from Indian Pass to Arepika, Florida, and from Grand Isle,
Louisiana, to Ocean Springs, Mississippi, including Lake Borgne.

A Tropical Storm Watch has been issued for the northern Gulf of
Mexico coast from Intracoastal City Louisiana to the
Alabama/Florida border, including Lake Pontchartrain and Lake
Maurepas.

1 Like

Half inch of rain fell overnight… hot and humid this morning…should cool some this weekend…dew points should really fall.

Next week looks all over the place… from tropical moisture (almost 2 inches of rain locally on model) to what should feel like October late in the week. GFS has 0C 850mb temps …that is very chilly for this time of year.

2 Likes