How is your weather? (Part 1)

Not often do you see the storm track into Wisconsin :slight_smile:

1 Like

hope you guys need some rain. send it my way after . :wink:

@MiamiLorax

Cristobal becomes one of the few tropical systems to strengthen over land (especially after 36 hr land interaction) Will move into the Gulf in the next 3 hours, Cristobalā€™s circulation is more robust than models were anticipating, perhaps a Hurricane Watch may be required for LA.

At least as of nowā€¦it would track northwest of you and pretty much die out as it gets to Maineā€¦although the cold front that comes down behind this thing is pretty strong for mid June and that should have some rain along with it as it moves eastā€¦but that isnā€™t until late next week or more.

Pretty impressive high pressure for this time of yearā€¦ almost winter like.

This is more telling maybeā€¦temp anomalies are very niceā€¦

1 Like

it can stay cool just give me some rain!

You could try doing one of those rain dances?

Iā€™ve got toads everywhere. When iā€™m mowing they jump out of the thick grass and i have to move them. I hear them calling. I have a feeling my pond is going to be a nursery again.

1 Like

Rainā€¦?

finally a steady rain. 1/2 to 3/4 in predicted. happy camper! :wink:

3 Likes

Youā€™ll be under the Cristobal cloud bands for awhile. She/he has a lot of deep tropic moisture to bring up.

Still looks like it heads north into Missouri and then hangs a slight right over Iowa and into central Wiā€¦ending up over the frigid waters of Lake Superior.

GFS has over 3 inches of rain falling next week. Might be some flooding.

@BenNollWeather

Ā·

ECMWF seasonal highlights

La NiƱa arrives

IOD conditions develop

Atlantic tropics predicted to be more active than last year

Hot summer + warm fall U.S.

Wetter / more humid eastern U.S.

Eq. Pacific drought

Dry western Europe

Wet Australia

Florida is on fireā€¦

1 Like

Most likely most will die :skull: at some point in the next 100 years.

NWS La Crosse mentioned that they went thru over 100 years of data and couldnā€™t find any system that has come up into the upper midwest like thisā€¦so this thing is one of a kind, at least in modern times.

I think frost is likely in the cold parts of Wisconsin late next week/weekend. Black RIver Falls/Sparta will be down into the 30Fs no problemo if the GFS is right. I might be dragging/covering a few plants late next week if the low/mid 40Fs pan out.

1 Like

Bob, we got 2.7 inches at Somerset. Too wet is better than too dry when you have a lot of containerized plants like I do. And a hillside mini orchard. So, Iā€™m glad to see the rain.
Too much earlierā€¦but a sudden turn off of the spigot, not what I pray for.

1 Like

wish we still had a pond

1 Like

We just had about our 5th rain shower todayā€¦nothing has been too heavy but it all adds up & the last one was the best of the day.:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I ended up putting a few potted celery plants directly in the shallow end of my pond. They seem to be doing fine submerged about halfway.

Filled a garbage can full of creeping charlie today. Mowed again. Going to be mowing a week from now for sure.

The amount of rain coming is too muchā€¦going to be localized flooding if this comes to passā€¦and late week is going to feel like October.

got nearly 3/4 of a inch today. we really needed it. was nearly steady all day. a good soaking rain. everything is so green now.

2 Likes

We got an inch less than you, way more than I expected, but it has dried pretty fast. It wasnā€™t too mushy in the garden plot to sow seed potatoes this evening. It was mucho humid this morning and afternoon, and I was outside most of the day, so I got disgustingly filthy. I just got out of the shower, feel a whole lot better. Now need a late supper. Supposed to hit the 90s Mon and Tue, so I guess Iā€™m glad we got the rain. The moist soil and heat ought to coax those seeds we sowed Thu out of the ground.

2 Likes

We had .07 inch before sunrise yesterday. Iā€™ve started watering the gardens and hauling water to the nursery bed for the new grafts. Everything just keeps missing us.

Looks like some coolish moist weather over the next week or so. Time to get the apple trees sprayed!

1 Like