How is your weather? (Part 1)

So much for dryness…just had almost an inch of rain this morning. At least i can take a break from the watering.

Should cool next week too…overnight lows dropping back into the mid 50Fs… very nice summer temps so far this year…getting plenty of warm days, but also some cooler nights… That could change for July.

NAEFS for early July really cooks Hudson Bay///eastern Canada…N Us…

send it this way! we broke a record yesterday of 96f! another 93f. predicted today. supposed to gradually get cooler next week but still in the 80’s with only slight chance of showers.

2 Likes

Welcome to my world…LOL

1 Like

Can you drive over to the ocean and go swimming? Just looked at the buoy at Bar Harbor… at 3 feet the ocean temp is 57F… that’ll cool you off!

https://www.ndbc.noaa.gov/station_page.php?station=atgm1

or at Cutler Farris Wharf it’s 47F.

https://www.ndbc.noaa.gov/station_page.php?station=cfwm1

It has got to be nice for someone that lives right on the coast there…you’d imagine the sea breeze must feel great on a warm summer day.

2 Likes

except your used to it. i head in to the A/C when it goes over 70!

Just got done thinning a few peach trees in 94 (heat index of 97) degrees…that’s it for today. Time for an ice cream! :grinning:

thats why its in the 70’s down there and the 90’s here. when they get a southerly winds its like turning the A/C on. our lake temps as of last week were still in the upper 50’s. probably 10 deg. warmer now.

That’s the benefits of living in the ‘land of the midnight sun’

great for potatoes, cabbages, celery, lettuce……….

1 Like

Drat - I rolled up the hose, now the rain is veering east of us

Forecast revised to delete the chance of rain, again. I spent another day in the nursery bed @ 87F and got the weeding of the old section done.

Didn’t rain anymore here today…but we got enough this morning to help out. Really good shot of rain Sun night/Monday…then a very nice cool down.

Longest days of the year… then we go the other way :frowning:

2 Likes

100F in Siberia…

Some strange weather happenings this year.

3 Likes

Lot of rain falling across N Iowa this morning. Just let up some here but the heavier rain is just to the south. I’m over an inch since last night…i put up my new rain gauge yesterday just in time. Kind of chilly out there too… Low 60Fs right now…

the humidity is stifling at 66% right now. feels a lot worse than the dry 96f we had last week. just a walk around the yard and you’re drenched! thunderheads building in the west. c’mon rain!

1 Like

You could be down in the Caribbean… There was all kinds of dust that blew off the Sahara a few days back that has now made its way to Puerto Rico and should be over Florida shortly… Poor yacht owners will have sand falling on them.

You can see the main plume is covering most of the islands…that should continue to move west and north.

St John in the Virgin Islands… I’m not sure i’d even want to be on my yacht with such overcast skies

Almost looks like another plume of sand/.dust coming off of Africa today.

1 Like

The saharan dust cloud came through Saturday and Sunday…the above pic is exactly what our skies looked like. We actually had an air quality advisory in place, something we rarely ever have here…

Clear blue skies today though, as for temps…this was yesterday…I move really slowly whenever I’m outside in heat like that.

Not fair…i love those 77F dewpoints… great biking weather :bike:

9 inches of rain fell just east of Minneapolis last night…lots of flooding up in that area. Hardly nothing here, but the Mississippi is going to come up fast as all the water moves south.

Should really bake later this week…some of that Florida heat will make an appearance. Good thong weather.

If you like to bake…I’m a runner and the thought of running a single mile in this heat is dreadful…Went out for about 20 minutes earlier and could literally feel the sun baking through my shirt…better make sure to put some sun screen on if you’re wearing a thong otherwise it might be a little difficult to sit down…hah.

1 Like

My wife is a runner but I gave it up for biking. I did run for years but only in the cold seasons (Fall-Spring). Once it hit about 60F I swapped for the bike. Now I’ve been using an ebike and that is a game changer…for anyone that hates biking then try an ebike. You can set the level of assist from nothing to just pretend your pedaling. I bought an aftermarket mid drive motor and a battery pack and put it on a bike I already have. Now I want to convert more of my bikes. I do still lift daily which I enjoy.

Cloudy and warm.humid here. 82F/70F …

Cloudy and warm.humid here. 82F/70F …

I’d kill for that right now…