How is your weather? (Part 1)

It actually is a very nice day. I love cloudy warm days. The benefit of the heat which the plants love, but you don’t die cooking in the late June sun :sunny:

I’d love to spend summers in Wisconsin/MN and winters in Florida.

Flooding around the Madison area this afternoon…looks like the rain is sticking SE today.

NOOOOOO!

1 Like

Banana hammock? Like that thing that Borat wears.

Dewpoint up to 73F. Took a bike ride and was drenched by the time I got back. Not many people out.

Got a bit over 4" of rain today. 3/10ths this morning, the rest of it from about 3:30 until now. We had been in a drought up til this point. I wanted some rain, but 4" is a bit much. Beggars can’t be choosers I suppose

edit…I dumped 6" out of the gauge about 15 minutes ago. It was full. Another .5" fell since then. It may be almost done now. I have never seen that kind of rainfall

4 Likes

I had to check to make sure you weren’t posting from west-central IN. Lot of rain there, too. Guess that will take care of the drought.

We finally got 1/2 " a couple days ago, puts us at just under 1.5" for the entire month of June.

1 Like

I think we’re somewhere at 5-6" for the month Amazingly, this includes a two-week dry spell that had me watering, even after the record-wet May. The heat can just pull moisture out of the soil

1 Like

1.16in. of rain here for june thats 3in. below average. the potatoes are barely 3in. high when they are usually over a ft. and starting to flower by now.

1 Like

Got nice rain here over weekend, and even now under a flash flood watch. (But I think that would probably be local under a thunderstorm and not widespread, as we have plenty for now, but it’s not rained enough for any general widespread flooding.)

I lost a couple pepper plants from putting on too much Nitrogen just before it started raining last Friday.

Nice afternoon storm…went from feel like of 111 to 71 in about 45 minutes…

2 Likes

The atmosphere was like a wet towel and that storm squeeze out a bunch of that moisture.

Just hot and humid here. Lots of watering… should stay low 90fs and 70Fs at night now thru the weekend. Might be 10 or more days before we get some cooling. Almost always seem to get storms around the 4th so something to look for.

wound up with just under an inch and a half of rain yesterday…It always amazes me how nice it feels right after the storm moves through…had some really unusual clouds…

7 Likes

Is this typical Florida weather were your at? Doesn’t Miami and areas down south get a lot of afternoon storms? Plants must grow insanely fast in those conditions.

MCS moving thru Missouri and IL right now but not much happening up around these part…some clouds. Dewpoint up to 73F…juicy.

It’s pretty typical…heat builds in the day, high humidity then thunderstorms later in the afternoon…we had a couple of years where the pattern shifted for a bit, but it seems to be back now…

South Florida is on a different level, they do get the storms but they’re heat feels more tropical down there if that makes sense…

1 Like

Although we have a more Gulf waters influence and you have a more Atlantic waters influence the patterns are very similar. In Monticello I am basically a few hours dead west of you.

Yeah…the temps are pretty similar on both sides of the peninsula…very toasty.

That water over in the Bahamas must be like a bathtub this time of year.

1 Like

92F/69F… dewpoint was at 73F earlier… I can’t imagine not having AC. I bet people looked forward to winter pre AC…or at least to fall.

Each day we’ve had showers pop up around us but nothing really adding up. No easing of the heat for at least another 2 weeks… summer is here to stay… not much threat of rain either in the extended.

My lettuce have all bolted …lol…i’m done trying to grow that stuff. I had to add cold water to my pond…was turning into a hot tub.

finally got some good showers. rained really hard for at least 30min. more to come tonight and tom.

1 Like

I saw a story on weather.com that a city in Siberia north of the Arctic circle hit 100 degrees Fahrenheit and another town 400 miles north of the Arctic circle on the Arctic ocean itself hit 93!?

The day started out nice…then we had this blow up on us…happened fast…

1 Like