How is your weather? (Part 1)

… seems doable.

Had an inch of rain overnight. 70°F this morning. “Camp is very entertaining, and they say we’ll have some fun it if stops raining.”

1 Like

Front has cleared the area…sunshine and some breeze… dewpoints are back into the lower 60Fs…should see about 85F today which is around the norm.

Low temp this morning in Phoenix was 91F… It’s a dry heat they say.

But more heat plans to follow it in

Just looking at the GFS… this pattern would seem to hold…we do warm some Tues as another cold front passes thru and then the extended looks… very mild but not hot or cold…probably 80F ish… low in the lower 60Fs would be my guess… Very nice patter setting up…

upper 80’s the last 3 days. we are officially in severe drought. only 1.66in. of rain since jun.1. 5in. below normal for that time period . my inground trees are doing fine but the bushes and cane fruit have needed watering every few days. growth has been phenomenal in the watered plants. my b currants are so heavy with berries they are pulled to the ground. rhubarb leaves and stalks have measured 5ft! mulched them with green chic bedding in may and they took right off! my neighbors always comment on them when they walk by. I’ve probably given away over 50lbs from my 4 plants and it hasn’t slowed them down. most productive thing in my yard.

4 Likes

Hoping this tropical storm brings us some relief.

1 Like

Heat advisory today… Just a little too warm… My daughter was able to partially cook a cookie in the car… that was fun…

1 Like

That dew point is almost there. 88F/63F here…dew point has dropped some and a band of rain looks to be missing this area…staying southwest of here… i was hoping it would hit. We got missed this morning too with a band that moved south… I swear there are areas near here that have had 6+ inches of rain in the last week…its just so localized.

We’ve been getting anywhere from a 1/4 inch to a half inch every afternoon… Clouds looked threatening today but nothing yet…

Hit 86F today but dewpoints stuck around 58F or so most of the afternoon. Perfect biking weather. Took my ebike for a long ride. So nice having electric assist. I leave it on turbo the whole time. Cheating for sure but oh man i can cover distance quick if i need to.

Grab from my GoPro…i’ve been recording most bike rides (i just need to learn how to edit). … lots of boats out on the Mississippi…lots of people…you wouldn’t know there was a global pandemic sweeping the planet :wink:

2 Likes

I bought an e-bike a few months ago - absolutely love it!
Feels like bionic legs lol.:bike:

It does sound great…until you crash at 40 mph.

What do you think, is it dry in Texas?

4 Likes

Crispy!

1 Like

Top speed on mine is 30mph and that is if i really push it. Most of the time i’m going about 25mph in stretches where that is ok to do so…obviously in parks/around people i back way off. The motor i have limits the rpms so once your legs start spinning more then 90rpm or so it cuts off any power. This is also why i’ve had to mess with my gearing…i changed out the front ring for a more teeth to gain a little top speed because the stock one was a little slow.

Also keep in mind that they sell small scooters now that go 50mph.

75F overnite…very warm. Rain to the north but nothing here. Dew points have creeped back up. Really hasn’t been a “cool” down other then getting rid of 70F dewpoints.

Phoenix is on a 7 day streak where the night time temp hasn’t dipped below 90F…a new record if they make it to midnite tonite (they will). Late week/next week shows hints of the monsoon starting out there…always neat to see those dew points in AZ pop into the 70Fs…

I’m a long time road cyclist. Think I got this. Occasional accidents do happen. I’ve had my share of road rash. But, I also love to hike. Should I stay inside and not hike because I could twist or break an ankle? I could go on with millions of examples, but you get the point.:relaxed:

2 Likes

Was all set to have to turn the sprinklers on tomorrow, no rain yesterday and I wasn’t sure it would today…love that Florida weather…we went from a feel like of 116 to 79 degrees in a snap…

Hiking, now that’s my favorite form of exercise. Especially off trail. I like to do my own thing. I’ve hiked up and down some very serious terrain. I think it’s way safer than a bicycle. At least for me. I’ve never hurt myself hiking.

5 Likes

@fruitnut What/where were the best hikes that you did Steve? Hiking is my second favorite activity (tied with canoeing/kayaking) after fruit growing.

1 Like