How is your weather? (Part 1)

I hiked 50 miles up the Kings river from the upper end of Pine Flats Reservoir in CA. I lived on the river below the lake. But my best memories of my time in CA were just hiking the hills near my home. A typical hike was a thousand ft up and back down the other side. I saw all kinds of wildlife. Nearly run over by wild pigs. Jumped fox, bobcat, turkey, bear, and deer all over the place.

6 Likes

I’ll let you explain.

HOT HOT HOT! Going into the 100’s this week. Don’t want to see my electric bill !

2 Likes

I have! Took a wrong step, twisted my ankle. Long limp home

Oh Lois, sorry !

I have given up hikes and my bicycle. Joints are too vulnerable to damage. For exercise now, I swim and use the elliptical machine.

2 Likes

I walk .

1 Like

A picture is 1000 words. Only need one, dry. But it’s all good. The green says I’ve got a well.

1 Like

At my age I’m mostly walking. About 2.5 miles a day 7 days a week.

5 Likes

I ran for years until i started having issues with my knees to the point i could not run if i tried. I then switched back to the bike. About 3 years ago i added weight lifting to the mix… and that really made a difference… my wife has been lifting for 8 years and she still runs a few times a week. No steroids or anything like that, but i do take protein supplements (whey/etc). I enjoy lifting weights and i don’t see myself as a lanklet anymore :slight_smile: (4chan lingo).

Clouds rain and 68F now… Heavy rain once again missed this area…ended up with under quarter inch…some areas to the north i saw got up to 4 inches (Augusta, wi). Should see heat index back above 100F by Sat so this is all just a nice short cool break.

1 Like

Ohk. What tree are you watering?

1 Like

I’m watering the big pecan tree. I’ve gotten as much as 120 lbs of nut meat off that tree in one yr. Ave half that.

7 Likes

Is that some kind of Texas grass?

Texans and people from arizona are famous for their brown summer lawns and lush green winter lawns… You gotta go there in december they are incredibly proud of their grass then.

2 Likes

Almost a fall feeling to the air today…very not July. No AC today. Should probably fog up as the temp/dew converge.

woke up to 41f this morning. a we;come break to the heat. humidity is very low for summer. no complaints here. just still need some rain badly.

3 Likes

41…wow.

2 Likes

I would take that about now.

Just disgusting out here tonite…like Miami but without the beaches. Took a bike ride with my wife and after about 3 miles we were done. Cold front is suppose to move thru soon so moisture must be pooling along the front. Cooler tomorrow.

I had a tree break this morning with a storm that moved thru (almost no rain)…just 50mph winds.

1 Like

estcourt station n.w of me hit 37f. some people in allagash said they had frost on their cars.

2 Likes

No frost tonight! Probably will be our high nighttime low for the summer…around 75.

3 Likes