How is your weather? (Part 1)

Looks like the monsoon out west is on. Rain in the forecast for Phoenix… the dewpoint in Yuma, AZ is at 75F right now…

Around here…yesterday felt a little fall’ish …temps in the mid 70Fs and lots of clouds//it was actually cool at times. Low humidity. Dropped to 58F overnight… fog this morning–very common on ‘cool’ mornings being next to the river in the valley.

Right back into the 90Fs for this weekend…heat watch out for Minneapolis.

Finally getting some much needed rain. We got about 1 3/4 inch so far over the last day or so, and more coming down now. It’ll be so nice to not to drag hoses around to water the gardens, plus we’ve got a nice break from the heat.

2 Likes

Got a nice downpour yesterday evening…maybe an inch…maybe. Now it’s time for some dog days of summer heat this weekend…high 80s to 90+ on Monday.

1 Like

we broke the record for most 80 + degree days in a row. up to 35 and counting. got some needed rain coming sun. night. hope we get at least a inch. deficits up to -8 in. for june/ july. the st. johns a trickle. could walk to canada and never get your knees wet!

1 Like

About 1.5" below norm here for July. Iowa is the dryspot the last 30 days. That can’t be good for crops down there. Some other spots along the east coast and the left side of Florida is dry (at least compared to what normally falls).

More zoomed in locally…

88F/68F with a strong south wind here…should be low 90Fs this weekend…rain very likely Sun so hopefully a half inch or more falls. I’m out of rainwater.

1 Like

Yes, that is 7.58 inches…we got that in less that 3 and 1/2 hours yesterday…In my 30 years living in Florida, I’ve never seen rain like that, even during a hurricane…not much wind, just buckets of rain…

At first I thought there was something wrong with my rain gauge, then I checked a couple of other nearby stations and they were showing similar accumulation…

The creek came up higher than I’ve ever seen it…

For reference…the circled scrub oak is usually 5 feet away from the water…

2 Likes

With that amount of rain, almost sounds like a training type storm…just kept redeveloping over the same area.

GFS has a tropical storm/weak hurricane heading towards Florida… Aiming more towards S Florida and then the left side of the state.

Very dry around here. Crusty brown everywhere. I’ve been hand watering everything. About 2 inches below norm for the month and the rain we did have was weeks ago. Should cool off as we go into next week. Still warm/humid but high pressure should push that out.

1 Like

Like Jeremy said above. And it’s actually applied pretty much statewide this year. Were in actual drought condition for Jan-April. It broke lose late April early May and we have been inundated. Seems every day we are getting a torrential downpour for at least several hours. Being in North Florida it’s not all sand like South and has caused a good deal of flooding. Seems a good Tropical Storm usually comes when we need it. Not so this time. Maybe it’ll hold together and come up your way! LOL

1 Like

GFS has a tropical storm/weak hurricane heading towards Florida… Aiming more towards S Florida and then the left side of the state.

let’s keep it that way…

here we go again,

1 Like

Hey! I’m left side…LOL! Keep it right side…LOL…

Models have it going right up the Gulf Stream after moving thru the Bahamas… Could be some issues over there. Looks to stay offshore…maybe some big waves for east coast of Florida.

It has been 115F the last 2 days in Phoenix… my God how do people live in that! I saw Florida plates on a motorcycle i was behind the other day…long ride on a Harley (maybe they trailer it back up here).

Cool? ish around here… 63F overnight…dewpoints upper 50Fs… super dry.

1 Like

my sons 90 min. west of Phoenix in Yuma. said it hit 120f. most desolate place I’ve ever visited. if it wasn’t for the river there, it would be red sand and not much else. the military bases keep the economy going there.

1 Like

I remember going there in Spring in 2007. Even then, you enter your car without touching anything. Dunno how that works in summer!

1 Like

That is just brutal. I know they have nice winters but im not sure i could ever deal with that summer–and it starts early too.

Just looking at the numbers…Yuma avg for July so far is 95.1f…while Phoenix is 98.6F… maybe heat island effect keeping nights warmer. Just for comparison i think mine is around 77F for the month of July. I’m surprised they can keep plants alive in that heat.

1 Like

It gets so hot in summer, they run solar pool heaters at night to cool off the water!

1 Like

@RyanMaue

Beginning to worry that Tropical Storm Isaias may become a hurricane off the eastern coast of Florida over the warm Gulf Stream. Remains to be seen if the Carolinas are directly impacted in 4-5 days or the storm grazes the Outer Banks.

@RyanMaue

Here’s the version with the full-tracks and minimum MSLP. Note, there are some intense (960s central pressure) scenarios on the board.

@philklotzbach

·

2 min

#Isaias is now forecast to become a #hurricane by tomorrow night. Eight Atlantic hurricane seasons in the satellite era (since 1966) have had >=2 hurricanes by July 31: 1966, 1968, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2008 and 2018.

I’ve had allergy symptoms now for about a week… I knew it wasn’t covid …now i read this from Green Bay… Already ragweed in the air! ugh… for comparison…i usually don’t see symptoms until August.

You got to imagine the “cold” water that comes out of a tap in Phoenix has got to warm.

Has been cloudy and rainy off and on here today, temps in the 70s. Last I checked the rain gauge, it had about 1 1/4" now, with more expected later. Looks like we’re reverting to average temps and precip for the next week. So, no more having to drag the water hoses around for a while.

1 Like

5pm Thursday: Tropical Storm Watch in effect for the east coast of Florida…from Ocean Reef northward to Sebastian Inlet.

This includes all of coastal Miami-Dade and Broward Counties.

Tropical Storm Warning issued for the NW Bahamas.