How is your weather? (Part 1)

Ahmad,
Sorry to hear that. This prompts us to check on our friend who lives in Middletown.

1 Like

There wasn’t as much rain at the farm, the tomatoes didn’t like it though.

Saw the first ripening rdb today, starting to split of course.

3 Likes

4" in a half hour is insane… Could take a good shower in that! Grab some shampoo…

Line of red tstorms heading this way…the streak might end here in the next 15 minutes.

1 Like

It was crazy… I have never seen roads flooded that way in my neighborhood. So many basements were flooded too.

That amount of rain just has no where to go in that amount of time…

Minneapolis area saw 6" of rain and baseball size hail. No thanks on either of those. Going to be a ton of new roofing going up in the MSP area the next couple of months.

Closer to home i finally got rain in my yard… just under half an inch of liquid …not much but better then nothing.

Cold front pushes thru today…maybe one more shot at rain (could really use it)…should bring quiet (dry of course) weather after that…temps tonite drop to mid 50Fs so that will feel great.

phone camera just doesn’t do it justice…we had this amazing rainbow the other day…

5 Likes

Between 94-100 everday for the past two weeks and this week, same prediction. No rain to speak of. I water my trees every other day.

1 Like

Nice band moving across Iowa right now… even a little is better then nothing.
https://radar.weather.gov/ridge/radar_lite.php?rid=dmx&product=N0R&loop=yes

1 Like

It’s supposed to bring us wind and hail - not rain.

I just saw this from Des Moines…holy cats…there will be a bunch of damage
winds

No precip here…stayed just south …Madison/Janesville/etc look to get plenty.

Cold front is thru here…NW winds…dew points are dropping. Doesn’t look like it stays that cool though…temps go right back into upper 80Fs… although i think humidity should stay comfortable. Summer rolls on.

I’m following this event on severe weather thread…

Update:

@ColtonCwx

.@NWSGrandRapids noting that the #derecho near Chicago could cause a meteotsunami on Lake Michigan. #MIwx

In the midst of a nasty electrical storm…

1 Like

Maine’s humidity is nothing compared to most of the East Coast…that being said I am so sick of the #$%&! humidity here! We are on a 5 or 6 week stretch of moist humid stickiness…and 90 coming tomorrow. Ugh.

1 Like

same here. upper 80’s tomorrow. humidities been wicked here as well. no breezes either. we are 4 days from beating the record of the most 85 or higher in a row here. the forecast says it will happen. AC’s on from 9am to 9pm daily.

1 Like

Sure is nice after the storm passed thru and gone

That is scary stuff. Lots of trees down, roof damage… I saw a guy had some pics of his corn fields…they were completely flat…i guess all of his looked like that.

There were actually some embedded tornadoes near Milwaukee/Chicago during all of this too.

Looks like rain chances around here Weds-Sat… temps 80F ish…

1 Like

We knew we had a storm when they said it was moving to the wsw at 75mph. 10 min. warning. We had moderate tree damage in Des Moines, power came on 3 hrs ago. Cedar Rapids had it much worse, 110+ mph winds, reported every phone pole in a city of 200,000 broken. Estimated repair time into Sept. Second time this decade Mother Nature has tried to destroy them. This is the 4th such storm I’ve seen in 40yrs., a dry land hurricane. We have no building codes for hurricane strength winds so damage is more severe here. Fruit blew off most of the trees, corn that is standing looks like its been through a hailstorm. This will be hard on the farm community, most farms in this storm lost grain bins, they’re weak when they’re empty, down corn is very hard to harvest and the prices are low.

2 Likes

Not a day I’ll soon miss.
Jeeezus!

Haha they forecast 109 for today but it only hit 104 (in Livermore CA).

I read that California might have to have rolling blackouts because of electricity usage. Has that happened before?

Storm rolled thru here last night… 6/10 of an inch…best rainfall since July 9th.

1 Like