How is your weather? (Part 1)

That sucks so bad for those people. I saw a before and after from a webcam in one of those hard hit towns and the tree canopy was basically gone after the storm went thru.

I’ve seen reports of 10 million acres of corn flattened. I’m guessing they’ll find some way to harvest some of that, but man that is bad. Plus it destroyed/damaged lots of bins holding corn. You can see the damage from space to the corn…

1 Like

It actually hit 106° at the airport. My part of Livermore always runs a little hotter then the airport reading :sunglasses:

1 Like

There were rolling blackouts (thankfully my area was spared). It happened the last time I read, was 2000.

We just had our second blackout…lasted about 50 minutes. Cheers could be heard from the neighbors when it was restored. Only 106 today. Dry lightening is forecast for tonight. Maybe we can add smoke to our party?

1/3 inch of drizzle - I’ll take it

1 Like

Don’t worry…probably rain for a month straight when this pattern flips.

1 Like

We were forecast for possibly 4-6 inches of rain today off a system in the gulf. We sure need it. Damn system was held to the south of us and we didn’t get a drop. Panama City and Pensacola got drowned yesterday. We got nutin!!!

1 Like

Death Valley was a comfortable 123F yesterday…

Tokyo is going thru a heat wave…they were 91F with a dew point of 82F … dews have been around 80F for days there with temps reaching low and even mid 90Fs (yuck)…which is amazingly humid…worst then Miami.

60F overnight here… very nice…temps warming up into upper 80Fs today… need more rain…next chance mid week.

1 Like

Hey…they were only off by a half foot…not bad for government work :wink:

No tropical systems into Florida in the next 10 days//at least on the GFS…however it does look like plenty of rain chances.

1 Like

Oh we certainly had this. NWS was on the money. Several fires around the Bay Area (including Livermore) from all the thunder and dry lightening. I’ve never seen lightening here like back east. Crazy!

2 Likes

@extremetemps

furnace creek has just jumped to an incredible 127.7F . This already smashed THE HiGHEST TEMPERATURE EVER RECORDED iN USA AND NORTH AMERiCA iN AUGUST. world record might follow …stay tuned

They must have another sensor there that isn’t online… closer to the lowest spot where it should be warmer…at 80 ft in elevation it was 125F…

stovepipe

They actually ended up peaking at 130°. The hottest temperature since 1913. Just shy of the world record of 134.1.
We hit 111° yesterday and 108° today. But we had 60° dew points today making for an exceptionally uncomfortable day.

1 Like

@webberweather

Given the increasingly favorable climo, how conducive the Atlantic this year, and the big, lumbering MJO wave that’s going to pass over the basin in the next 1-2 weeks, things are about to get extremely busy in the tropical Atlantic over the coming weeks. Buckle up.

GFS has a hurricane moving thru the Yucatan (Cancun’ish area) and then hitting just south of Texas… around day 10… obviously that track could change a ton…

Hot in the west/cool in the midwest… low 80Fs for highs and around 55F-60F at night all week…no rain of course.

@WMO

WMO will verify the temperature of 130°F (54.4C) reported at Death Valley, California, on Sunday. This would be the hottest global temperature officially recorded since 1931.

No…death valley hit 130 over last weekend

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=21&v=OJ5-ijji3cA&feature=emb_title

Someone on another board said they just got 4g cellphone service back yesterday. Some still don’t have power.

Iowa produces a lot of wind power…i wonder if any of those were damaged…i think they turn off in high wind. I’ll have to dig.

Mid 80s…south wind and sun. Driest summer i can remember in at least a decade. It reminds me of Groundhog Day…everyday seems like a repeat.

1 Like

@lizziejohnsonnn

A source just commented on the #wildfires in #California. “We’re completely overwhelmed. We’ve never seen this many major fires burning at one time.” Across the state, ash is raining from a sepia sky.