How is your weather? (Part 1)

I’m happy with this summer’s KENTUCKY weather. 85 yesterday and evening rain, about 80 today and mostly sunny.

2 Likes

A touch of fall in the air today…I’m not complaining.

1 Like

GFS really hints at some fall late month… i would bet we’ll see widespread 40Fs around here before the month is done…maybe even high temps in the 60Fs one day.

Send rain! At the park today…leaves are falling off trees…crusty brown.

I check weather forecast everyday. Sometimes a few times throughout the day. Today, it was supposed to be sunny all day.

By 5:30 pm, the sky looked ominous. We asked Alexa and Siri and checked WeatherUnderground at that time, they all said, partly sunny, no rain. Then ,it started to pour like buckets. I was very happy since this was the heaviest rain we had in over a month.

Well, with all the advanced technolgy we have, weather forecast is still not quite reliable

2 Likes

We had a surprise pop up late afternoon shower as well yesterday.

1 Like

We were down to 46.2F last night, the second time this month we’ve gotten into the 40’s at night. Too early for this!

High pressure right over PENN/NY border probably did that. South winds on the back side here so we stayed at 65F all night… dews are still upper 50Fs so humidity has been kept in check for days.

@hurrtrackerapp

Want to make clear: Not hyping these storms, but we are seeing some concerning forecast trends with #97L and #TD13. Both systems should be watched closely and no one from FL through the Gulf coast is out of the woods from either system. Waters are VERY warm in this region as well

I will start to update about this two storms on Severe Weather Warning thread. As the tweet above say, they can reach the hurricane status and impact Florida and Gom states at same time by Sunday/Monday.
Stay safe everyone! :+1:

1 Like

Tropical system moves across Key Largo, Naples up the Florida west coast and makes landfall PCB area…drops a lot of rain by the looks of it across N Florida as it moves across Georgia and out to the Atlantic…says the GFS. Slow ish mover…

Early fall for you! 87 today in the south of France, starting to get a breeze in the evening

. Lovely.

4 Likes

I watch a biking YouTuber by the name of Sam Pilgrim (UK) and he was in France the last few episodes. Beautiful there…he was at a ski resort (biking in summer) near the Swiss border (Morzine). They had on long sleeves so it must have been cool (elevation). On the way back to the UK (something about closing their borders so they had to leave quick) they stopped in central France and it looked really dry (like here)/sunny and warm.

New GFS looks weak but has 2 tropical systems…one hits TX/LA border and the other still north Florida. These might be more rain makers then high winds.

1 Like

Not sure if you’ve seen this… best video of the Iowa Derecho… insane …they are now saying Cedar Rapids may have had winds of 140mph

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBkPichBlt8&feature=youtu.be

3 Likes

Thank’s! It was an insane derecho! Terrible consequences… now the next two hurricanes Sunday/Monday will be memorable…

Fujiwhara on GOM? Who knows, but interesting! Crazy stuff in near time! :open_mouth:

https://www.tropicaltidbits.com/analysis/models/icon/2020082018/icon_mslp_wind_seus_40.png

This is waaaay out there for a model (Sept 3) but this would indicate possible frost upper midwest/plains. The GFS actually shows snow across Ontario…lol… Probably be 90F in October.

2 Likes

its about that time here but the last 10 years we’ve been seeing some 80’s into sept. i hope that isn’t the case this year. i like my cool fall grouse hunting!

1 Like

#BREAKING: Tropical Storm #LAURA forms east of the Leeward Islands. Laura obliterates the record of the earliest 12th named storm in the Atlantic Basin, held by LUIS on August 29th, 1995.

@JackSillin

#TD14 and now-TS #Laura may come close enough in the Gulf of Mexico early next week to interact. What might that look like? This animation provides a quick look at how the #Fujiwara Effect might impact each storm’s track. Learn more in this AM’s blog: https://blog.weather.us/how-might-td13-and-td-14-interact-in-the-gulf-of-mexico-and-what-is-the-fujiwara-effect/

1 Like

@dutch-s assuming you’re keeping an eye on this one…you guys would be in the upper right quadrant…

2 Likes

I’m updating it on the Severe Weather Warning thread… just saying.