How is your weather? (Part 1)

My corn was small this year as well. However, it was really sweet !

2 Likes

Drove through a gully washer today in Augusta (ME)…holy cow it was coming down in buckets and there was minor street flooding.

1 Like

Not so humid here

Gonna go out and pick some Galas this aft. I’ve been eating them one by one for a week or so, checking the ripening

1 Like

NWS says we average 17 days 90F or better a year… This year we are at about 24 (including today) so far probably because it has been so dry. It is either blazing hot or freezing cold. Very much a continental climate.

Today didn’t get anywhere near 98F…think we hit 91F…mostly clouds all day and almost zero wind. I think there is smoke in the air from the California wildfires…weird haze this evening.

1 Like

Severe Weather Alert!

Tx/LA coast will have tomorrow a Major Hurricane Landfall! Prepare Now! Landfall will be in the area from Galveston to Port O’Connor. Strong storm surge and tornado threat expected.

Mayor Pro Tem Craig Brown signed a mandatory evacuation Tuesday instructing all Galveston residents to begin leaving the island for safety.

yes, the flavor was good but you had to eat 3 to equal 1 .

Evacuation orders now issued for portions of the Houston area in Harris County, Texas. #Laura

cold front moving through dumped 1.5in. in a couple hrs. too little too late for crops here but will at least keep my well from going dry. we need a fairly dry late sept. , early oct. so the farmers can get their crops harvested. I’m thinking that with the cooler weather, there may be a wet pattern setting in. high tom. only 56f with high winds. wouldnt be surprised to see a early frost soon. predicting mid to low 60’s for the next 7 days.

2 Likes

Really, you think it makes a direct hit on Harris County, Tx?

1 Like

Hot and humid. We need rain but could wait till storm damaged crops are harvested.

• LAURA RAPIDLY INTENSIFYING… …EXPECTED TO PRODUCE A LIFE-THREATENING STORM SURGE, EXTREME WINDS, AND FLASH FLOODING OVER EASTERN TEXAS AND LOUISIANA LATER TODAY…

Hurricane Laura 1:00 AM CDT Wed Aug 26
Moving: WNW at 17 mph
Min pressure: 978 mb
Max sustained: 105 mph

1 Like

@RaleighWx

·

6 h

The 18z EPS members show a large number of members between Galveston Bay and the La border for #Laura Everyone from to upper Texas coast to western Louisiana should prepare for a major hurricane hit. Port Arthur, Sabine River may be ground zero.

As a few others have mentioned, recon just found 122 knot flight level winds in the northern semicircle of #Laura’s eyewall, which would support an intensity of 110 KTS, meaning that #Laura is almost a category 4 hurricane already. Wut

Now i’m shure it will be a Cat5!

96F yesterday and showing 95F today… although should drop to around 80F by this weekend. Still showing an inch of rain for Friday.

I want to make a statement. Laura Hurricane will be a Irma and Dorian like storm. A Cat 5 later, no dout! Please everyone on path of this monster take care and do what you can to save you and yours. My family prayers to all.

@TheWeatherMastr

NHC describes #Laura’s storm surge with these intense words: “Unsurvivable storm surge with large and destructive waves will cause catastrophic damage… …This surge could penetrate up to 30 miles inland from the immediate coastline.”

944.7 mb

(~ 27.90 inHg)

Dropped 8 MB’s from previous NHC post. This is catastrophic.

1 Like

45 here last night…many places in Maine were in the 30s. One of the colder August nights that I can remember.

This followed a day of pretty heavy duty 20 MPH winds yesterday…broke a large branch full of peaches on one of our trees. After seeing that we went through and started pulling off a bunch of our Contender peaches which we should have thinned much more…I had a feeling this would happen.:neutral_face:

2 Likes

Tied a record yesterday…also the warmest August day since 2013…97F. I’ll take what you got. Low overnight was 77F…that may be a record.

The long range does show snow into the Rockies and some much cooler weather across the north.

That hurricane is well inland this morning. Made pretty good northward movement overnight. Looking at one buoy along the path…shows 110mph east winds and then almost calm as the eye passed and then 93mph west winds out of the other direction.

I wish it would bring some rain here

1 Like

Not happening with this one…should make a nice right hand turn and head over the NE. We do have a front moving thru that hopefully drops rain. GFS shows what could be a rainy day tomorrow (that would be the first in a long time)…so we’ll see. Looking at the 10 day for Des Moines…looks like a few small chances but nothing that is going to break a drought or even make a dent…if it even rains at all.

1 Like