How is your weather? (Part 1)

I would like to order a deluge and hold the wind please for all of the west!

4 Likes

Just under an inch of rain this morning…that would be the most since July 9th. Less then an hour east of here some spots had over 10 inches according to radar. That area has been hammered all summer.

Cold front moving thru…should drop to about 60F tonite…this should start a trend where temps stay below 80F maybe the next week or more. Another good shot of rain Monday as a reinforcing cool shot comes thru.

1 Like

Its poring right now first big rain in months, means fall is on the way!

2 Likes

Shower in a.m. and the tropical remnants of Laura will reach us before dark and through tomorrow in Kentucky. Most of us didn’t have any significant drought issues, but the rain is welcome here.

1 Like

Lookslike the rain from the front has piffled away to nothing - again

Our August rainfall total is less than an inch

Best chance looks to be Tues.

I’ll post a pic tomorrow…but omg…my cauliflower (cheddar) is forming a head. I planted those things in April? lol… another strange odd thing that has happened with them over the summer…no caterpillars on them from those stupid white moths. The leaves look really good…never sprayed BT or anything, what i have noticed is wasps hanging around the plants all summer…they must be eating them or something?

My wife’s friend who lives in Toronto was talking about how cold it was up there. They have a pool and the temp of the water was 64F… yikes. NO thonging in that thing.

1 Like

I haven’t seen anything from the vegetable pests, no blights or wilts, but the yield is awful anyway.

This fall, I’m turning the garden over to prairie.

The GFS is hinting at some late fall weather at day 10. Looks like shot after shot of high pressure out of western Canada the next 10+ days…

That blue line (540) is the freezing line (usually what determines rain vs snow). Still too warm for that nonsense but still should be fun to watch. The blue in Ontario is snow flakes.

1 Like

Rain gauge shows about 3 inches fell this morning. I guess someone flipped the switch.

Still looks very chilly in the extended.

1 Like

Yep, rainy and chilly looks to be the pattern for September.

1/4 inch - if that

That ain’t going to do it. The rain we got helped but it was too late. I guess it was nice not having to mow for like 6 weeks//the only thing green was weeds.

We had thick fog this morning…chilly too…55F or so when i left. Then some sun and now back into heavy cloud cover. Cold shot still coming…gfs doesn’t look quite as cold but still should see a night around 40F. Moon was neat last night.

Celery in the garden all got pulled and thrown into compost pile. Garbage again. I have some growing in my pond that looks good…only way to grow that stuff around here.

Looks like that frost potential is growing for next weds morning. I’m guessing cold spots will get frost. I’ll be watching. Tomatoes might be done.

3 Likes

So early!

last week it got down to 34f here. seen frosts in aug. but its exceedingly rare nowadays.

1 Like

Holy kasmooly… We only see that a few times a year in the dead of winter.

1 Like

Drought report out - a lot of new D-1 spreading

Yes…even September frost is rare here. Average is Oct 10.

1 Like

Cold front just moved thru this morning… had just a quick few drops of rain as it moved thru…now winds blowing about 40mph out of the NW.

It could snow in Denver next week.

next few days its getting in the mid 70’s then it stays in the mid to upper 60’s after that. our growing season is just about over.

1 Like