How is your weather? (Part 1)

Temps DIDN’T fall overnite here, and now the rain is heading to LaCrosse instead of IL

Been staying just north of here. Already feels fallish…only 53F in Minneapolis right now…yikes. Still showing 64F here. I’ve got a fig/plumeria/pineapple/passionfruit/and maybe a couple other things to drag in for the next few days…ugh. Too early for that.

OMG… I love this forecast.

That would be a record drop in temp…amazing stuff you don’t see very often. Fro AC to the furnace in one day.

4 Likes

Not as bad as @warmwxrules

Winter Weather Advisory until MON 9:00 PM MDT

1 of 2

Action Recommended

Execute a pre-planned activity identified in the instructions

Issued By

Great Falls - MT, US, National Weather Service

Affected Area

Meagher, Judith Basin, Fergus, Cascade and Central and Southern Lewis and Clark

Description

…WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 9 PM MDT THIS EVENING ABOVE 6000 FEET… WHAT…Snow occurring above 6000 feet. Additional snow accumulations of 1 to 3 inches. Winds gusting as high as 40 mph. WHERE…Meagher, Judith Basin, Fergus, Cascade and Central and Southern Lewis and Clark. WHEN…Until 9 PM MDT this evening.
IMPACTS…Wet snow and unseasonably cold conditions will impact those traveling, recreating or working outdoors at higher elevations in the mountains. Minor accumulation of slush on some higher elevation passes could make road surfaces slippery. Wet snow could bring down small tree limbs.

Helena, MT, 32 degree tonight, rain ending this evening, temperatures warming to lower 80’s by end of week.

1 Like

wow! talk about a change. wonder if its the same front that hit Richard in Denver 2 days ago.

1 Like

Yep…sorry for you guys…101 F to 20 degrees and snowstorm…in 2 days?

Today it was raining ash and 90’s - tied a record for most 90 degree days in a year.
Tomorrow we’re expecting ~2-4 inches of snow and a low of 29… Hurray Colorado!

2 Likes

To back up scooter it was a day

3 Likes

The South wind yesterday was non-stop for about 8 hours…thankfully not 40 mph though!

1 Like

We never got the wind here, but just south of us had power outages.

Very dreary here…heavy cloud cover and now rain…temp at 52F but will not go anywhere today.

Snowing right now in the Black Hills (South Dakota).

Deadwood, SD (8:15am)

Denver reported snow last ob

2 Likes

Think i found the winner for temp change… Some areas of the Black Hills had a foot of snow.

Up to 20 inches of snow in S Colorado. Records being smashed across New Mexico today (cold high temps). Denver had 2nd earliest snowfall.

In a week this will all be a distant memory.

1 Like

1 Like

My aunt said her sweet corn was just about ready to pick. She lives in NM. image

1 Like

We had an extremely heavy acorn drop this year. I’ve been at this place since 02 and this is the third time it’s happened, the other 2 times we got below -30F for lows. One of the winters was the infamous polar vortex, 2013 I think? Anyway, could be a long brutal winter for the upper midwest :slightly_frowning_face:

In normal years, the sound of dropping acorns is a continual clatter. Not this year.

Klondike, no acorns

Blockquote

here this year, and we aren’t very far from you. I wonder why? I think it was drier up your way. Our last heavy acorn year was 2018, if I recall right.

Mid 80’s daytime, low 60’s at night…not a bad September in Kentucky at all.

1 Like

47F and raining here. Been raining now for what seems like the last 48 hrs (on and off)… rain gauge shows about 1.5 inches. Should be about done though but heavy rain looking likely fri nite/sat as warm air comes back in. Temps have been basically stuck with all the clouds and rain. Free AC :slight_smile:

The squirrels strip my oak trees of all their acorns …they were mostly gone by late August. The nuts don’t even get a chance to drop. I’ve got about the only oak trees (white oaks) in this area so they really draw the tree rats in. I looked out the window yesterday and there was a big squirrel about a foot from the window eating a pear…just looked at me and kept eating…it was raining so he had his tail up over his head.

2 Likes