How is your weather? (Part 1)

I have a few apples hanging but most everything has fallen. Maybe a few Bartlett pears still out there too. I bought some Honeycrisp last night for a buck a pound and they are almost softball size.

Winds are blowing hard out of the north here (30mph) with rain added in. Pretty raw morning. Pressure is climbing so we should clear this garbage out and then have an ok day on tap (low 60Fs)

The front I see it even made it thru Florida…although not Miami (yet). I would think this is the 1st significant drop of dewpoints in quite some time.

1 Like

36F this morning. The last week has been a step downwards in temp each day. Also very cloudy and very wet. Just about every time the sun came out this week, we’d get rain a while afterwards…sometimes very heavy. Very fallish.

My outside weather gauge shows the nice dropoff as the week went by. Still a few more nights of 30Fs…Sunday looks the coldest now at 34F. Back to 70F by Tues.

1 Like

October…the point of no return.

2 Likes

Looking like we could get a spot of frost here Monday morn

Just looking for here, but the extended looks very mild. If the GFS is to be believed we’d be looking at 80F or warmer next Friday and a few more chances even after that. Probably could be called “Indian Summer” i suppose. Warm days, cool nights… Hopefully a lot more sun then the past week.

Frost out there this morn. 31 degrees.

I took in the potted citrus last nite, but will put them back out today.

It wasn’t a killer, hostas say

Early frost for here.

2 Likes

There was a large storm that passed through Uzes, but no damage. In the surrounding areas there was dangerous and destructive flooding. Our town is up high. Thank goodness.

2 Likes

Fog as thick as pea soup this morning and it’s hanging around longer than normal…real dank out there in the mid-40s. Likely freeze coming Thursday night…it’s time. Warm-up after that though if the forecast holds.

I had 33F yesterday morning. Tomatoes had some melting going on but that was it. Sparta to my east had 22F. South wind this morning kept temps up all night. I’ve got about 20 plants that are going back out for the rest of the week. Looks like a nice mild stretch of weather until next week when a frost/freeze is possible, but that looks short lived and we warm back up again.

No furnace needed yet. Haven’t needed AC since August.

1 Like

Pretty chilly in Kentucky…still 43 at 8:30 this morning. But, I don’t think we got frost.
Although some ‘holler’ may have gotten a little.

Stay safe!

One thing i learned when i was younger and started hunting was all the words the older guys would use to describe the landscape…like ridges, knobs, knolls, bluffs, valleys, coulees, cuts, bowls… I don’t think i ever heard anyone use holler but i’m sure its in there somewhere.

69F out there. Wind has been blowing nonstop all day…strong south winds.

Looks like another tropical system for New Orleans…something to watch. Snow again for the Rockies later weekend/next week.

1 Like

Notes for U.S. on #Delta:

More westerly track over gulf increases odds of strong, dangerous hurricane at landfall, even if weakening

LA at highest risk, but chances of impacts are elevated from Galveston, TX to Pensacola, FL

Thursday last full day to make preparations

11:20 AM EDT Tue Oct 6
Moving: WNW at 16 mph
Min pressure: 954 mb
Max sustained: 130 mph

1120 AM EDT UPDATE: NOAA Hurricane Hunter aircraft report that Hurricane #Delta has rapidly strengthened into a dangerous category 4 hurricane, with maximum sustained winds of 130 mph. More info: http://hurricanes.gov

5:00 PM EDT Tue Oct 6

Moving: WNW at 17 mph

Min pressure: 956 mb

Max sustained: 145 mph

NHC just about predicting a CAT 5:

12H 07/0600Z 20.2N 86.1W 135 KT 155 MPH

finally starting to get some regular rain but still -15in below average for the year. i hope we don’t make up for it in heavy snowfall this winter.

1 Like

It really flipped here from dead brown to lush green. Sept was just about normal for precip (just under 4 inches). Grass really came back. Trees are all changing colors around here, but still a little out from peak. Mid 70Fs this afternoon…warm but not humid.

We had an ladybug/asian beetle explosion the past few days. Trees are covered in them.

we are at half leaf fall right now. all the maples are bare just mostly aspen left. still behind for sept but I’m betting more normal this month.

One of 'em is going to be worse than Katrina one of these days…

3 Likes

That thing blew up VERY rapidly from 1 to 4

3 Likes