How is your weather? (Part 1)

Ooff

Scheduled for November. Last week of on a 2 day trip. Love Florida for that reason :rofl:

1 Like

cold rain off and on next 7 days. we need it. typical fall weather pattern.

2 Likes

Heaviest rain weā€™ve had since last year.

2 Likes

the st. john river is up 6ft. in just 1 week. it takes a lot of rain to bring it up that much.

3 Likes

NOAA predicts a warmer winter in the Northeast this winter. While I like the prediction, I hope we donā€™t have cold spring (again).

NOAA's 2020 winter forecast for Massachusetts | Boston.com.

@SMC_zone6, @Johnthecook, @galinas, @JinMA, @jcguarneri, et al,

6 Likes

@mamuang I still havenā€™t had a frost. I thought for sure this morning, but not quite.

1 Like

I still have my sweet peppers fruiting outside. Past night was a close call, we had some frost on the windshield, but they survived.

2 Likes

Same here. Frost on windshields but no visible damage on plants. Nothing below 40F in the 10 day forecast. My apples will have time to ripen.

My chili peppers continue to produce and are flowering still :grin:

2 Likes

My peppers are still pumping out. With this virus a warmer milder winter would be nice. Butternuts Iā€™m letting stay on vine for a little longer. They get sweeter the longer they stay on. This drought hopefully will break soon.

1 Like

I still have a couple of watermelons on the vines. I will let them go on as long as possible.

We got soaked on Fri -Sat early am. Ton of rain in that period of time.

Scattered frost in Kentucky, on Friday night, but didnā€™t hurt any of my plants except green figs dropped. Tomatoes not harmed.
And
have a hellebore bloom out alreadyā€¦usually bloom Thanksgiving through April.

2 Likes

I wonder why the hellebore is doing that?

I also have a community garden plot about a mile from my house thatā€™s frosted a few times already. Itā€™s down closer to the river and in a less urban part of town.

1 Like

Freezing rain and late spring snowstorms are becoming the normā€¦ugh. Dec/Jan have been no problemā€¦Feb/March are the worst monthsā€¦and even early April is becoming a nail biter.

4 Likes

Helleborus niger ā€¦is the earliest blooming speciesā€¦itā€™s only 2 or 3 weeks early, and the cold in September probably made it think it was November!

1 Like

Bird bath is frozen this morning. Outside weather gauge shows 34F right now. Temp isnā€™t going very far today.

Havenā€™t really paid attentionā€¦this looks like a lot of snow for this time of year. Model could be way off.

1 Like

This is beyond ridiculous for this early in the fall.

1 Like

we had a week of that in early oct. but it rebounded. weā€™ve had a lot of frosts but i know people still growing potted plants outside. they just brought them in when frosts hit. mid 50ā€™s here today.

1 Like

Get used to it,according to Farmerā€™s Almanac, your area is only one with below average temps and above average precip in the whole nation for winter 2020/21.

Kentucky is close enough that weā€™ll get some of it but weā€™re more likely to get a yo-yo effect.

1 Like

TSUNAMI WARNING 1: See http://tsunami.gov for alert areas. M7.4 055mi SE Sand Point, Alaska 1255AKDT Oct 19: #NTWC