How is your weather? (Part 1)

Best of luck. Hopefully the models are overdoing it.

1 Like

Sounds like wishful thinkingā€¦a mile Nov./Dec.

We are having an ā€œunusualā€ warm spell with temps in the '70ā€™s. Tomatoes and beans still havenā€™t frozen here and plants that volunteered from seeds in compost are starting to ripen some huge tomatoes when all my large tomato types have been killed by early blight, although for the first time a couple of my Brandyboys are sending out fresh healthy shoots that now have green tomatoes also, but too young to likely ripen.

1 Like

3" rain overnite. That should be the drought-buster

1 Like

Schools all over the area have closed due to the snow. I can safely say that I have never seen a snow day in October ever before.

1 Like

winter of 08ā€™-09ā€™ was like that here . had permanent snow on the ground oct 8 and built from there. was record snowfall that winter. :wink:

1 Like

Your area gets way more snow than here most every year Iā€™d imagine. 45"-50" is our average annual snowfall here. Weā€™ll be at around 15"-18" after today if the storm totals pan out. Iā€™m holding out hope for a November warm up

1 Like

yes . 110in. is about average. 08ā€™-09ā€™ dropped 200ā€™ā€™.

1 Like

We average about 44 inches of snow a year here. That is usually pretty spread out too. I have seen snow stick from November to March.

1 Like

Raining good here right now. Temp of 36F. Yuck. Nice to see you guys getting it though, especially since the ground is still able to take it. Ground might start freezing up if those temps in the teens show up.

Went out to fill bird feeders. Snow is at the top of my 15" hunting boots. Itā€™s supposed to snow until this evening.

1 Like

That is a lot of snow to melt this time of year. Iā€™ll be very interested in seeing if you lose that. The next warmth here looks like a week from this Sat (50Fs). Even 50F though might not melt a foot this time of year. Might need warmth mixed with some warm rain.

My brother sent me pics from his trail cam an hour north of here ā€¦ 5 cubs with one mom. Told me the DNR is seeing big litters this year in Wisconsin.

38b58637-298d-48b7-977b-c0c417e5669b

1 Like

With forecast highs in the 20s and lows in the teens and single digits, I fear this snowpack is here to stay for quite awhile. After this kind of snowfall and those kinds of temps, it will take a week of sunny 50s to get bare ground.

1 Like

Mid October 1986 you all had snowā€¦on Oct 17 it had melted, but still like to have froze my a$$ off! (At Wisconsin Dells).

I lived south of the Dells about 40 minutes in '86. I remember bow hunting in snow a number of times in the 80s, 90s, and 00s (in October). That snow would last a day or three and be gone. It was also a couple of inches, not a foot and a half :wink:

1 Like

Damn, reading these snow and cold postsā€™ are crazy. We had a 101Ā° here 2 days this week. And its already 65Ā° here at 8:46AM.

Crazy temp swings east/west.

1 Like

Eighty here todayā€¦possibly the last 80 degree day of 2020.

(And, yes, a foot of snow sounds record setting even for you guys.)

1 Like

snow like that here, this time of year is usually here to stay. never warms back up enough to melt it.

1 Like

At least on the NAEFS the core of the cold should shift north of you over E Canada early November. You can start working on that 200 inch record snowfall :wink:

1 Like

A beautiful day in the low 60s hereā€¦getting lots of outdoor work done. Spreading pine bark mulch on the blueberries right now. Weā€™ll see if I can get all 10 rows done before ā€œwinterā€. October has been pretty nice here this yearā€¦actually better than September in some ways.

7 Likes