How is your weather? (Part 1)

-2F right now in West Yellowstone right now… Looks like record lows are going to get crushed in Wyoming. Should be near -20F in some spots…in October… insane.

1 Like

Any thoughts as to why?

Because Florida got a very fixed high pressure since June, that make this storms formed on or near GOM go over LA

I wonder what alphabet they use when GREEK is all gone??

1 Like

I don’t know… :wink:

in the low 30’s right now with flurries. supposed to hit 19 tonight. may have permanent snow on the ground soon. been ice fishing in mid nov. 2 yrs. ago. :wink:

2 Likes

A high in the teens today. Allegedly back into the 40s by the end of the week. I’m still hoping all this snow melts, but I’m having my doubts.

1 Like

Seem to be in the pattern of ridging along both coasts with troughing in the middle of the country. That is where these hurricane’s can sneak thru and make their way north --hurricanes goal is to transport heat from the tropics to the pole.

25F this morning. All snow covered. About 2 inches. Looks like a very slow, very sunny warm up the next week. Should be back at least into the 50Fs by next weekend.

How much do you have on the ground? If we can get a bunch of sun and stick above freezing, you’ll get some melt. Time of year (shortening days) and cold nights might keep that process very slow.

They modified our forecast to not get out of the 50’s today or tomorrow…so I’d actually welcome the hurricane to pass over my area and give us a warm up. Supposedly it was to be 6 or 8 degrees above normal for October in the Ohio Valley…I’m still waiting.
In fact, I think we got above 90 only about 5 times all year, over 95 just once I think, and we hit 80 last week one day then back into cloudy and grey and cool.

Probably 8-10" in open areas and a foot or more in the woods.

2 Likes

Maybe the exposed stuff will melt, but the stuff in the woods might stick around. The ground is probably still warm…that might help too. Still have tonite to contend with. Showing 20F for a low locally.

1 Like

Single digit lows here tonight. Yippee

1 Like

I got around 2 inches of snow last night. It took me 2 hours to tuck in 150 plus potted figs away for Winter. I dumped about 7 pounds of unripe figs.

Tony, how is your back feel😜

I still have a fig in the garage (leaves have all fallen off) that i’m going to bury in the ground. Should warm up enough this week to get that done.

-22F in W Yellowstone this morning (record). Custer, SD was -10F. Plenty of cold air even to the south. Temperature continues to drop in Phoenix (az)…down to 61F… think that is the coldest so far this season.

We had snow this morning. It is strange, most of my plants resist losing leafs. I am waiting for them to drop most of their leafs in order to move them inside. Figs even clinch on their leaf in the snow this year

4 Likes

Pain.

This cold air mass is looking brutal…we’ve got 3 decent days coming up then a possible Nor’easter on Friday.:astonished:

2 Likes