How is your weather? (Part 1)

Ouch!

2in of snow fell last night . supposed to get down to 10f tonight.

1 Like

8 degrees as I type this. With any luck, it’ll be quite awhile until we see another single digit low.

1 Like

THey’ve started to name winter storms already.

Meanwhile in CA…
STILL waiting for our first rainfall since APRIL :unamused::unamused::fire::fire:

A Storm Surge Warning is in effect for #Zeta from Intracoastal City, LA to Navarre, FL, including adjacent bays and lakes. Maximum inundation could be as high as 5-8 ft above ground level along portions of the Mississippi and Alabama coasts. https://nhc.noaa.gov/refresh/graphics_at3+shtml/091825.shtml?peakSurge#contents

the cajuns are really catching hell this year!

And maby not the last this year… models continue to give more storms to GOM…

A Hurricane Warning for #Zeta is in effect from Morgan City, Louisiana to the Mississippi/Alabama border. Tropical-storm-force winds will likely begin Wednesday afternoon, with hurricane conditions expected late Wednesday on portions of the northern Gulf Coast.

Storm Surge Warning in effect from the mouth of the Atchafalaya River in Louisiana to Navarre, Florida, including adjacent bays and lakes. Maximum inundation could reach 5-8 ft above ground level over portions of the Mississippi and Alabama coasts. #Zeta https://nhc.noaa.gov/refresh/graphics_at3+shtml/091825.shtml?peakSurge#contents

#Zeta could produce flash flooding across portions of the central Gulf Coast, Ohio Valley, and Mid-Atlantic states through Thursday.

@NWSWPC

forecasts 2-4” of rain with isolated amounts of 6” in these areas. https://nhc.noaa.gov/refresh/graphics_at3+shtml/151201.shtml?ero#contents

3 min

#Zeta is officially making landfall near Cocodrie #LAwx as of 5:00 PM CDT with maximum sustained winds of 110 mph. This is the 11th continental US named storm landfall and the 6th continental US hurricane landfall of the season. Absolutely absurd by any metric.

With #Zeta’s last-minute intensification, surge projections have increased even further for parts of #MSwx where 7-11 feet of inundation is now expected. I believe this is now the third or fourth (?) storm to produce >10ft of storm surge along the Gulf Coast (Laura/Delta/Sally?)

Phoenix, AZ was 49f this morning…coldest morning since March 28th.

Nice day here…made it up to 56F. Mostly sunny, light winds. Cool off though the next few days.

·

9 min

Check out these waves from Hurricane #Zeta on an oil platform in the Gulf of Mexico. This specific rig is south of Louisiana, and was near the eyewall of Zeta. They recorded wind gusts exceeding 150 mph, and waves over 50 feet!

The far western and mountainous region of North Carolina is under a Tropical Storm Warning!

Hurricane Zeta Tropical Cyclone Update
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL AL282020
500 PM CDT Wed Oct 28 2020

…EYEWALL OF ZETA APPROACHING NEW ORLEANS WITH STRONG WINDS…
…LIFE-THREATENING SURGE OCCURRING NEAR THE COAST…

Don’t venture outside when the calm eye of the hurricane passes
over, as dangerous winds will return very quickly when the eye
moves away. Stronger winds, especially in gusts, are likely on
high rise buildings.

An unofficial weather station in Golden Meadow just reported
sustained winds of 94 mph (151 km/h) and a gust to 110 mph (177
km/h)

A wind gust to 52 mph (84 km/h) was recently reported at Houma,
Louisiana, and a wind gust to 53 mph (85 km/h) was reported at New
Orleans Lakefront Airport.

SUMMARY OF 500 PM CDT…2200 UTC…INFORMATION

LOCATION…29.5N 90.4W
ABOUT 35 MI…55 KM SSW OF NEW ORLEANS LOUISIANA
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS…110 MPH…175 KM/H
PRESENT MOVEMENT…NNE OR 25 DEGREES AT 24 MPH…39 KM/H
MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE…972 MB…28.70 INCHES

$$
Forecaster Blake

I think we might get some 60Fs and maybe even a 70F back in here late next week. Should be a nice stretch starting tues/weds thru the following weekend. Obviously this time of year stuff like that doesn’t last and it will fall of a cliff and we’ll be back to 20F.

Clouds and cool again today. Stuck at 41F

1 Like

Nice. We’re supposed to hit 50 for two days next week, then a slow return to the 30s and 20s. Next week will likely be our one reprieve until next April. Much of the snow is gone here in open areas, but there’s still plenty in the woods. Maybe those warmer days next week will melt a bunch.

only 1 day in the next 7 will hit 40. most days its just above freezing. i think winter is here to stay.

Looks like ridging in the east and troughing in the west forming about the 2nd week of November. Should be mild along the east coast. Maybe even record heat for some areas.

1 Like

I’m ready for some warmer weather. Snow on the ground for 10 days in October—unheard of!

2 Likes

Showing 58F today but only 39F tomorrow…winds are howling out there right now. Trees are still holding a lot of leaves around here.

Mid 60Fs by next Weds…looks like a very nice stretch of weather from about Tues-Sun. I’m going to drag all my houseplants back outside and give them a good spraying…maybe try to treat them for mites which always show up over winter.

1 Like

That is my weather for today :grin: :slightly_smiling_face::joy:

5 Likes