How is your weather? (Part 1)

Craziest storm track

Yes very crazy! The danger it’s not the wind but the flooding rains.

HURRICANE AND STORM SURGE WARNINGS ISSUED FOR THE FLORIDA KEYS AND FLORIDA BAY… …EXPECTED TO PRODUCE DANGEROUS STORM SURGE, FLASH FLOODS AND STRONG WINDS OVER PORTIONS OF CUBA, FLORIDA, AND THE FLORIDA KEYS…

TROPICAL STORM CENTER LOCATED NEAR 22.5N 79.2W AT 08/1500Z
POSITION ACCURATE WITHIN 30 NM

PRESENT MOVEMENT TOWARD THE NORTH OR 350 DEGREES AT 12 KT

ESTIMATED MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE 993 MB
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS 55 KT WITH GUSTS TO 65 KT.

A bit of rain at night but still sunny during the day, high of 67 today.

2 Likes

74F here but the warm streak is done with. Back to the 40Fs :cry: after rain tomorrow (around an inch).

Warm fall days have got to be the best thing ever. A herd? of college kids were just sitting on the levee @ Riverside Park yesterday basking in the November sun. Rest of the park was packed too.

Should moderate into the weekend. Maybe back into the 50Fs.

might hit close to 70f tues. that would be a record.

2 Likes

The east coast looks to stay in an almost summer type pattern thru mid/late November. The heat actually looks to build back this way after a week or so. Cold seems to be stuck in Alaska/Yukon and along the west coast (good place for it).

Hit 68 here today. Not great for hanging a deer. I went through 120 lbs. of ice

2 Likes

congrats! only seeing does here. when i got my bull moose 10 yrs ago it was 75f and the butcher couldn’t get to it until the following morning! i slept in my truck at the game pole putting more ice in the chest cavity until the butcher showed up at 8am. it was a 890lb animal and i thought for sure id lose some meat but i got lucky!

4 Likes

Upper 70’s today and 77 forecast tomorrow. Then rain and somewhat cooler. Nice weather for November no matter how you look at it. (If it’s global warming…bring me some more of it!)

1 Like

The best red meat I’ve ever eaten was moose. I used to know a guy who hunted ON every year and it seemed he always had moose meat :roll_eyes: He had developed his own seasoned rub that was just phenomenal. Cooked to medium rare at the most on wood coals it was better than any $50 beef steak I’ve ever had.

2 Likes

Is it true what i read…that moose is better tasting then whitetail?

My brother in law that hunts about 30 mins south of here took cellphone video from his treestand (back when it was snowing weeks ago) of a bobcat. Must be a good year for predators. I took a screengrab from the video…it is a good size cat.

bobcat

5 Likes

We need more predators!

Early summer like weather continues here…60s to 70ish for the next couple of days.

Gotta love that vitamin-D. Maybe the best thing for free against COVID-19.

Low 70Fs right now here with some sunshine. Rain is delayed some it would appear. This is now the 7th day in a row 70F or above. Got to be some record. I know we set a new November record for overnight warm low.

2 Likes

I think its pretty low production this time of year because of the low sun angle doesn’t allow much (any?) UV to get thru…at least at this latitude (45N)…maybe if you were high up in elevation it might help (Denver?).

No one mentioned it, but S California had rain over the weekend and mountain snows. Even San Diego picked up a quarter inch. I think? that is the first rain of the season for many.

my brother just shot a 700lb cow moose last month. gave me some sirloin and backstrap yesterday. guess whats for dinner? :wink: i too prefer moose over deer but i got to say deer fed on corn and soybean coming out of M.D is much better than deer from here. had some bison a friend had raised here and it was very similar to moose.

2 Likes

66f right now. windows open.

1 Like

Almost 70 yesterday, 32 right now. Back to reality

1 Like