How is your weather? (Part 1)

Up here its just days and days of clouds and 20Fs. Not much temp change from day to night. Still have snow cover of a few inches.

12z GFS shows a hard flip to Arctic air around the 15th. It’s going to show up sooner or later.

Pretty mild here, but we’re getting days above freezing and nights below. Not good cycles for the fruit trees, wish it would just stay frozen.

1 Like

Sleet, freezing rain, a bit of hail, now turned into steady snow. Good day to be indoors and bake an apple crisp — and to eat some of it while still warm from the oven.

7 Likes

We must be having a good winter because I am irritated by a few cloudy days hovering around 30 degrees. We got 5-6 inches of snow yesterday so the ground is white again. But around mid-week into the weekend looks decent with some sunshine and hovering around 30ish or slightly warmer. Time to get back to pruning apple trees…I’ve done 8 standard Honeycrisp so far.

3 Likes

For the first time ever, (that I have been coming to France I saw snowflakes this morning for about one hour. They were very tiny and my 8am they were gone. Back to rain. It rarely gets this cold. A first for me!

4 Likes

Ok, update! Provence one day, Colorado the next. Wow, we have never seen such snow!

8 Likes

Lemonade!

3 Likes

Ice cold!

1 Like

Found this happens about once every 10 years! Glad I was here to see it!

2 Likes

Love the tiny pouncing fox!

1 Like

Then you’ll see it 3-4 more times!

1 Like

Lol

good to have snow cover for a change. It’s not much, but it’s holding on.

No highs below freezing predicted through mid-January. This is really odd for New Hampshire (even southern NH).

Mostly around 40 to in 20’s at night…I guess that is ‘near normal’ but it feels like we should be colder in January. In 1977 you could drive on the lake here in Mid_January.

Maybe somebody needs to start a new
How’s Your Weather for 2021?

we’ve usually had quite a few days below 0 by now. none yet. just starting to get into the 20’s during the day. was in the thirties untill tues. most of the lakes only have 3-4in. of ice making ice fishing a little hair raising. usually got over a ft. by now.

3 Likes

Yeah, this is what I’d consider January thaw weather, not just straight up January.

1 Like

I see minus 29.38 (F) reported in the mountains of Spain this morning…an all time record low.

What we’re having in Kentucky is typical around 40/25 in January. A far cry warmer than some Januaries in past 65 years…but cooler than last year.

We’re due to get another snow fall this Saturday, if it happens I will take pictures. It is supposed to be a bigger storm. We shall see.

1 Like

This morning was the coldest in the Chinese capitol of Beijing since 1966 when it got to -27F.
Also
wind at 40 miles per hour.

2 Likes