How is your weather? (Part 1)

There was a recent article about maybe a human species that hibernated at one time (long long ago).

Sounds like it wouldn’t be good for the kidneys. Bears have the ability to regenerate kidney tissue so they have us beat on that one.

We have a lot of snowbirds that run south for the season (my mom’s best friend goes to Ft Myers). I was just behind a car with Florida plates the other day. Still a few around…they must have not got the memo :slight_smile: If only i bought bitcoin when it was $1.

2 Likes

Ya, like SW FL :grin:

My wife and I plan to get out of here for at least a month, hopefully 2 when we’re both in our 60s.

1 Like

Not to get off-topic, but I bought 5.89 BTC when it was at $7, then encrypted the wallet and lost the passphrase. I’ve tried every brute-forcing attack imaginable (billions of passwords) with no luck. So, there are worse things than having not bought it then! Just think of the greenhouse I could build with that…

2 Likes

We have 3-6" with blizzard warning starting this afternoon. I’m officially ready for spring.

1 Like

I just read there is some German guy who has over $200 million in a wallet and doesn’t remember the password and he has 2 attempts left (he had 10 attempts before it locks forever). Passwords suck. I know some guy years back was digging up a landfill because he thought his hard drive with his wallet is in there full of btc. I think there is 100+ billion worth of btc that is lost forever (at current values). I never bought so i never had skin in the game.

Still no snow here.

Florida’s a fine place to visit…but not all that impressive after you’ve tried living there awhile.

1 Like

I gave it a serious look at $800…decided it was too high. I take some risks but putting money you need in some scheme isn’t smart. However, I’d be much richer if I had.

Supposed to be 71F on Monday… I predict I’ll see these morph quite quickly.

Work’s been a drag so am glad I can look forward to this :yum:

I know, when did we get so old that winter and snow lost its charm?

2 Likes

I lived in Pensacola for a year when I was 20. Hated it.

I have no intention of living in FL, but spending a month or two each winter sounds better and better every winter.

3 Likes

I will never live in the South…but I would definitely be move out West again. People can poo-poo California all they want…some people don’t know what they are missing. It’s a different world West of the Rockies.

Incoming Easterly rainstorm tomorrow with high winds 20-30mph…let’s hope it makes it into the 40s like they are predicting…then we can get a fresh start on winter again.

I’m horrible at timing things. I thought the world was ending in 2005…i was 15 years too early :wink:

2 to 3 inches of heavy wet slop snow here. The roads are all wet and sloppy. Not cold though…temp stuck at 34F. There are signs of colder air in the extended, but nothing crazy. Maybe some single digits above/below zero.

California probably has the finest climates in the US (San Diego area?). The only thing lacking is being able to grow pure tropicals like coconut palms…but i think it would be a good trade off for not have all that humidity like you would find in the southeast. It was 79F yesterday in Los Angeles…

1 Like

Given that winter and snow haven’t really shown up yet this year, I’m still awaiting the charm

1 Like

Don’t get your hopes too high…it got to 17F between Lake Wales and Ft. Myers one winter a bit over a decade go…I was in the Sebring area at the time…and you couldn’t count the lizards (gecko’s?) dropping off fences and tree trunks like ripe apples in a windstorm…

Orange growers pumped so much groundwater…sinkholes were appearing all over the place.
And some fruit still spoiled before they could harvest and squeeze it for juice or concentrate.
Snow flurries as far south as Frostproof that year.
Only 1977 when it snowed in Orlando was colder.

1 Like

I’d never be able to afford to live in CA and even if I could, I likely wouldn’t.

1 Like

I’ll take my chances :wink:

1 Like

The sun has been out. It was 58 degrees yesterday (small heat wave back down in the forties tonight). For as magical as snow is here as it is a rarity, I really do not miss it one bit! Bring on spring. All of the nurseries are selling fruit trees and have them in pots outdoors for sale. Amazing!

3 Likes

4 to 9’’ up here tom. night. only about 6in. on the ground now. the sledders and skiers are having a fit! ice fished today on 5in. was a little nervous with the snowmobile and all. most people would have stayed off but after checking several spots before hand i knew it was good to go. :wink: 8 brook trout . kept 1 16in. male for the wife. was 30f and no wind. watched 2 otters come out of the river and play on the ice.

5 Likes

3-6" in the metro Des Moines area. Too wet to blow, wind out of the north about 20. Temp still well above freezing.