How is your weather? (Part 1)

Yup,
Finally, winter arrives. We dragged our feet for the past several weeks. Just cleaned out our garage in time to park our cars in there. Whew!!!

2 Likes

We hit 21 degrees in my area of Texas last night. All my fig and pomegranate trees are in ground and have no protection. Hopefully one night of freezing temperatures for 8 hours or so won’t cause too much damage. Celeste fig still had its leaves. They look all brown and wrinkled up now.

1 Like

That’s our weather for today:

3 Likes

32° and snowing pretty hard right now, with a brisk wind out of the south. The ground is almost covered white. So, our first measurable snowfall this season. It got down to 18° this morn, brrr! Coldest temps so far.

1 Like

Woke up to snow on the ground. First time I seen snow here in December in maybe forever. It’s actually rare we get snow at all but when we do, it’s usually later in the Winter - closer to Spring. May get those chill hours after all :slight_smile:
snow in the orchard

5 Likes

First inch of icy snow today​:snowman_with_snow::snowflake::snowflake::snowflake::snowflake::snowflake::dash:

3 Likes

Cold here, warming up though, Christmas parade here today.

2 Likes

That’s my grandson, he is very light sensitive, can you tell?

2 Likes

6in. of the white stuff last night. glad for it so i can bury my japanese maple and PAF blackberries. went ice fishing yesterday on 7in. of good ice. got 6 doz smelts and about 15 brook trout. glad for ice fishing as our winters are long with deep snow. working in the yard is officially done till’ mid may when the snow finally melts.

4 Likes

Here in San Diego county the hot “Santa Ana” winds blowing west from the deserts abated two days ago but the unusual heat is still present. Daytime temps are in the low 80’s, dew point is stuck around 20°F and humidity is in the teens.

1 Like

We had our first frost here today. It will again tomorrow too. Thankfully it only stays that way a few hours since it heats up quick here. All of my figs still have figs on them. I wonder if they will ripen? Looks like all my leaves on everything will be gone by next weekend so i intend on spraying the copper/Neem mix next weekend on everything…I have Fertilizer Spikes. I wonder should i use them now? The package says late fall and early spring…They are the JOBE’S…

1 Like

That’s crazy. The whole state seems to be stuck under this high pressure dome. 67F here, with zero rain forecasted for the near future.

1 Like

In my experience they will turn hard as rocks then fall off.

Dang,Figures…

Ala Steeley Dan…Here come those Santa Ana winds again!

Would seem “mild” until about the 21st…and then Arctic chill moves in for the rest of the month.

Maybe 2 inches of snow on the ground around here.

2 Likes

4 Likes

got another 10in. of heavy wet snow. just got done snowblowing. its a balmy 30f but supposed to hit -5 tonight and high of 10 tom. cold front coming in for rest of the week.

2 Likes

Wow…subzero already? I th ink we had 11F or 12F the other morning. No single digits yet. Got to love all that snow. That will probably stick around for the season?

–Scratch that… just looked at nws here --had 5F this morning. I must be getting use to this because it didn’t feel any different. No wonder the car was so frosted over.

GFS has snowstorm’ish look a week from now.

Had melt this afternoon with lots of sun. I think we’ll lose most of our snow this weekend if the temps warm to near 40F.

Another day of precipitation-free weather. :frowning_face: