How is your weather? (Part 1)

Tony will like this…looks like several waves of cold air move down over the next 7-14 days… the last shot looks the worse…but its 10+ days out…lots of time.

parked right over us! its always wicked cold up here in jan/feb. seen some years i couldn’t even icefish it stayed -20f during the day for a month strait! 2 years ago it was like that. i don’t mind the cold but thats too cold!

1 Like

Our forecast through the end of December is for highs in the upper 60’s, lows in the 40’s, and zero precipitation.

Is that with forecast snow on the ground? Seems pretty hard to hit those negative teens lows with no frost in the ground right now and no snow. Fake news forecast! (j/k)

And yet … There are subarctic deserts.

The scary part is up here in NorCal (where the real reservoirs are located) our forecast ALSO calls for no precipitation.

We need a wet January or things will get crazy, fast.

1 Like

You’re in Central California … according to my colleagues in “true” northern California :grinning:.

You are correct: southern California counties greatly depend on reservoirs in your area. However, San Diego county is the least of them. If central and northern CA supplies were cut out of our mix it would be a 30% cut to us overall … and the desalination plant in Carlsbad is currently able to reduce that to a 5% cut – relative to pre-drought conditions.

Elsewhere, agricultural folks in California have real reason to worry. If the spring (March) rains come, it will likely be a banner year for red wines along the true central California coast.

1 Like

So the LA proper folks are the ones who really need to pray for rain :smile:
I’m surprised that the desalination plant in Carlsbad has ramped up that much. I remember reading about it a few years ago, and thought the output was quite low.

NAEFS this afternoon shows 2/3rds of the US below normal that first week of Jan…with the core of the cold over the northeast…something to watch i guess considering that could be some potentially cold cold air.

Snow today has been a turd. Nothing so far…maybe some later or overnight.

First snow for the season. The rain/snow turned to ice as the temp dropped.

Tony

2 Likes

Yuck, keep that in Nebraska. One degree below tying a record high, colder tomorrow though

It’s been nice here the last few days, almost warm with highs in the 50s. But the rain has set in and will be here all night and in the morning. Could get up to 2" before it moves out tomorrow.

It’s supposed to get colder tomorrow night and Sunday, and we might even get a dusting of snow Sun night/Mon morn for a possible white Christmas. Can’t remember seeing one of those in like ever.

1 Like

We got a frost warning for last night and I had to go out back at midnight and get my two seedling avocados and two Florida blueberries and drag them into the garage. Forgot my fuchsia, afraid it’s goodbye…

Freezing rain today. And my Goldrush didn’t drop the leaves, And they are not stripping easily The tree is espaliered, and young, should I worry about break off? May be I have to cut the leaves off?

1 Like

got down to -20f last night. 3-7in. of snow predicted today. snowmobile trails are groomed and busy!

1 Like

10 day report…

3 Likes

Basically looks identical to mine, minus the rain. Bone dry here.

1 Like

First snow last night

3 Likes

. Last week snow, today rain and 50 degrees!

3 Likes

My GR leaves hung on the longest, too. I stripped them off weeks ago before I sprayed Lime- sulfur.