How is your weather? (Part 1)

Lucky you.

1 Like

Just turned to snow hereā€¦temp was 41F at 6amā€¦ now 24Fā€¦ on its way to 2F toniteā€¦ it was raining earlier.

Rain tailing off here, front crossing the river, bringing ice and snow, but still in the 50s

All our snow went up in fog

Just back in from a 5 mile walk in an inch or two of fresh snow and -20 windchill. Gotta love MN winters :crazy_face:

finally got above freezing for the 1st time since late nov.! rain for the next few days then another ft. of snow sat. then back in the freezer sun.!

Whole country goes on fire late month by the looks of itā€¦

The polar vortex is basically saying bye bye and heading back to Russia for the time beingā€¦

3 Likes

Big fat inversion over Eastern Iowa right now. The 18z sounding in the RAP model has 850mb at +10C and we are at -10C here at the surface.

Observed precipitation: Sleet. Yuck! Previously it was freezing rain. Not looking forward to the drive home. Gonna be at the windshield scraping for a while.

I havenā€™t been too worried about the long cold spell to start the year, but after a two day warm up we will fall rapidly today. Weā€™ve been 10 to 25 degrees above freezing for about 48 hours but will plummet all day down to 12 overnight. Anyone have any idea how bad that is?

1 Like

Hope that forecast is accurate. -18 here this a.m. with a windchill pushing -40. Iā€™m already sick of the cold and winter is just getting started.

stay warm and dream green! tomorrow we will be in the same boat as you! gotta love winter!

1 Like

Now we get our rainy days. Always in January lol. 48F yesterday. Today back to 34 but still raining. I also saw the beautiful city of Manhattan Beach where I was staying finally got 2 inches of rain in the last 2 days. I finally understand what rain means to some, especially out west! I hope to go back this year.

1 Like

Yeahā€¦looks cold thru about Wedsā€¦nice warm up above freezing for late week/next weekendā€¦another shot well below normal the following week and then a warm upā€¦up and down.

During that last cold spell one of the streets in the city just north of here was shut down for a few days with water pouring out of the groundā€¦must have frozen and underground pipeā€¦i think they bury those things deep up hereā€¦maybe 6 ft down?>

The true cold is locked over Russia in the long rangeā€¦

1 Like

Beautiful day here in Boise. 52 degrees and partly sunny, very little wind. We have had a mild winter so far. Next week looks a bit unsettled, but just rain.

1 Like

Thatā€™s where the true cold usually lives

In Russia, you donā€™t get cold weather. The cold weather gets you.

5 Likes

Rain today rain tomorrow! 54degreesF. Wow!!!

1 Like

Russia spreads from Black sea to Far East. There is Yakutsk with its -9,3C year average and there is subtropical Sochi with +14.3 C year average. So saying Russia is cold is the same as saying ā€œUSA is coldā€ meaning ā€œAlaska is coldā€.
By the way, when MA had -22 C it was +3 C in Moscow and mushrooms in the woods :stuck_out_tongue:. One thing though is differentā€¦ When winter comes to Russia, there are no people in shorts and sandals complaining about cold - proper closing makes the difference! :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Yes, and tomorrow night it is -13C againā€¦ My blood pressure complains to be on this Roller coasterā€¦

I was attempting to do a kind of joke called a Russian Reversal that was very popular during the Cold War:

Example: In America, you can always find a party. In Soviet Russia, the Party can always find you!

So, in America, you get cold weather. In Soviet Russia, cold weather gets you!

Maybe my joke wasnā€™t very funnyā€¦ :yum:

6 Likes

I didnā€™t even respond to you, I responded to common idea,:grinning:. But when you explained the roots-it is funny) sorry if I was offensive))

1 Like