How is your weather? (Part 1)

Five below here last night.

1 Like

I think this week of single digits will convince the buds to lay low

1 Like

I had 3.3F when i left this morning…it was cooold. Warmed up though today…clouds moved in …blah.

Starting some seeds already.

29F 4 inches of snow! The song of the snow plow rolls past my windows!

2 Likes

It’s 74f here today. INSANE!

1 Like

-15f last night. single digits today. another month of this and it should start going the other way.

1 Like

60 degrees here today then cooler the rest of the ten day forecast

February here in NorCal is starting off like April: 75 and sunny. How long before they start banging the drums of drought again?

1 Like

As soon as it turns hot and the fires start again.

2 Likes

Most of the country looks droughty now

Some snow would be nice

1 Like

Still mushy underfoot here. It’s warmer today, almost 50 but very windy. Got down to 23 this morn. But it’s supposed to turn colder with a chance of snow this weekend. Will have to deal with this for another month, and then maybe it’ll turn a bit warmer. I know I’m ready for it already.

We have been here 4 years, and I don’t think we’ve ever been in drought conditions. It rains so much here in the spring and summer, no wonder it’s so humid. Over the 4 years we’ve grown gardens, I think we’ve had to water them maybe a half dozen times.

After living in the brutal heat of north Texas all those years it’s quite a difference.

2 Likes

High of 2 today. Windchill -28 right now. 10 day forecast has no highs above 12. Yippee

2 Likes

Looks like the white stuffs are heading my way from Saturday to Monday. More moisture for the farmers next Spring.

Tony

I’m sitting here across the border in Mexico—84F and rising… 20 degrees warmer than a warm day where I live )and 500+miles south

4 Likes

California State officials say the snowpack is less than about a third of normal for this time of the year.

Here in Salt Lake City, we just had the 2nd warmest January on record… going back 65 years!

1 Like

Pretty normal for this time of year here. The rain will be great for the new growth . I think I’ll fertilize this weekend and spray in two more weekends. Looking to a productive year. All my new trees look good and are ready to have a great year IMO…

1 Like

Just shoveled 2-3" of sticky, slushy snow off of 150 ft of driveway. Not a big job, but stole almost 2 hours of my work day pruning. At least I could use a pusher instead of a shovel- much easier on my back.

We keep getting light snow at least once a week- can’t even get the salt off my truck. Not worth the price of a wash as it will always be shortly salted again. Hopefully we get a rain soon and I can wash it off that way.

1 Like

-3F this morning…impressive considering we have almost no snowcover anymore. Looks like a few light inches tomorrow with a clipper system…cold sunday…next week looks up and down, but chilly for sure.

Just looking at the models, trends, etc…i’m wondering if this is it for cold…say -10F or colder for the season. -14F is the coldest temp so far locally…i’m highly doubting we top that…As we get into late Feb/early March the longer days/etc make cold here harder to come by (but not unheard of)…something to watch.

3 Likes

8 degrees at my house this morning, I bet that will be the last single digit for the year.

1 Like