How is your weather? (Part 1)

Wind is finally slowing down. A neighbor walked out to walk his dog yesterday afternoon, a limb fell from a very large tree and killed him.

1 Like

Heard it in the news. It’s your neighbor!!! That’s so awful.

We were hit by the nor’easter. Yesterday morning rain turned to snow and wind got really strong!

Out of power until 11 something this morning.

Room temperature dropped to 55 F this morning. Now it’s warming up again.

Just found out our few year old gas cook range doesn’t work without electricity, that really sucks ! :angry:

The older one worked fine without power, just need to lit it by hand.

1 Like

That’s awful.

Tony

1 Like

Sorry about your neighbor.

1 Like

Central Maine avoided most of the bad weather. The ground is 98% bare where I am but now I am off to Orlando. Got most of my apple tree pruning done before I left. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

It is very Windy here today and the temp is in the high 50s. I went out to check the fruit trees and saw some rabbits damaged to some of the barks of my seedlings persimmons, plums, and stooling Cole rootstocks.

Tony

1 Like

It’s 76° midday here in Los Cabos, MX. We’ll be returning by plane to temps in the 50’s later this afternoon. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

While we were gone last week it rained a half inch. That brings our rainfall-year total up to 4.51 inches. Maybe we’ll have a “miracle March” and receive 7-10" in the coming weeks.

It’s awful. We only had strong wind and 18 inch of snow.

So sorry to hear about all the damage. Hopefully y’all will all get the power back on and things get cleaned up soon.

We had a low of 28 yesterday morning and 26 this morn. Looking at highs no higher than 60 this week, with a few nights around freezing. Hope this cold spell will keep the budding on standby for a while. Thankfully nothing has bloomed yet.

1 Like

Clear sunny skies. Highs close to 40F

4-12" of snow in the forecast…all depends on the temp.

Did anybody notice that Weather Underground has issue with displaying snow/rain amount in metric system? You switch to F/IN and see it is a foot of snow expected. Switch to C/MM and see it is 30 MM , when 30 MM is actually just a little over one inch, and it has to be either 300 MM or 30 SM,
Anyway, a foot of snow is expected Wednesday for us.

Maybe around 5 inches of snow here after being snow free :frowning: Looks like we turn sunny and 40F ish the rest of the week…so snow should go bye bye. NAEFS shows a torch for Canada into the midwest. Maybe warm up mid/late month. Get some thong weather in here.

There goes supper!:grimacing:

2 Likes

That big patch of blue in the Pacific doesn’t look good to me right now. Brady

Spring arrived 16 weeks early in central Alaska this year.

What does NAEFS mean by “above normal”? I had this same discussion with my local weather guys on FB (a good one) regarding the plot I posted a few days ago. Here in IA, probably similar to WI, 1-standard error on the average temperature is 12 to 14 degrees in March. Does 90-100% probability of above normal mean >1SE above normal, or within 1 SE but greater than the mean temperature?

Also, the red color on that graph is misleading because we associate red with higher temperatures. However this is a plot of probabilities. If the temperatures are within 1SE, but still above normal, 100% probability of above normal does not necessarily mean furnace. [/rant]

2 Likes

Yeah, I hope he was talking about flip-flops, and not the uh, you know…