How is your weather? (Part 1)

Ho hum, another 80f day lol

1 Like

April 3, 2018. Zero precipitation.

Nothing like a -2 morning in April to give a guy spring fever :crazy_face:

2 Likes

This weather is the pits. I spent the day yesterday pruning a row of blueberry bushes. It was nasty raw.

I’m going to be way behind on pruning & cleaning up blueberries & raspberries now. Ugh.

This is shaping up as a classic instant transition from winter to summer this year.

1 Like

I’m just hoping we get a “summer”. The last time I saw a March/April like this one is shaping up to be we had a very, very cool summer('13?, '14?). 80 degrees was hot that summer, didn’t run the A/C at all. I recall wearing insulated flannels a number of July mornings that year.

1 Like

The weather stations keep pushing the cold further into the forecast. I’m hesitant to plant out the brassicas and beets because its going to get to 28 degrees on Sunday night. My pears are starting to flower and the plums and peaches seem to be holding out.

1 Like

Rain, rain and rain all day long, but in the high 40’s low 50’s. Spring is starting.

1 Like

I planted out mine in March - expecting to have to replant

As the forecast for unfrozen weather keeps receding into the infinite distance

1 Like

I have lettuce, onions, arugula, radishes, and peas all planted out. I hope to be able to cover them, but now they are saying up to 8 inches of snow on Saturday! Spinach in planted in a hoop house, along with kohlrabi, broccoli, and turnips in a different hoop house. My brassica started inside will be brought back in, again. I just want some salad at this point.

at least you guys got rain down your way. snowing hard here predicting 8-10in in the st. john valley! going to be late may by time all this snow melts!

1 Like

orrr… its going to go from 40’s to to 80’s in a weeks time! seen some years like that up here. the weather systems shift from out of the north to out of the south. just hope that isnt so this year because of our deep snowpack. it would definitely flood!

2 Likes

Not so fast, Mrs.G.,
This Sat low will be 32, Sunday low 27 and Mon low 32 with potential snow on this Fri and next Tues.

@galinas and I are not out of the wood yet.

After a week of 60s, went down to 22! Looks like it fried a bunch of apricot blossoms, but more are still coming fortunately.

2 Likes

Just under 7 inches of snow but still a record for this date. 22F and sunshine on April 4th…yum! Biggest snowfall this winter …April sun should knock it back quick or so i hope.

Still showing what should be a few inches of snow (at least) on Sunday/Monday…

At this rate, I’m going to be picking my salads out of the flats waiting to go out

Lettuce, at least, will grow well once it gets into the ground, but I think I"ll have to toss the early seeded broccoli. It’s been in the pots too long and I don’t think it will head well

1 Like

Sorry to hear that Rob… It is interesting that your cots has such a long window of blooming (I remember you posted photos of your first blooming cot close to a month ago). Can you rank your cots in your order of blooming?

1 Like

I packed my apricot tight today again with double tarp. I am going to keep it that way for next 7 day, until frost forecast is not in the picture anymore. I added pipe heating cable inside that turns off at 38F. Will see if that would be enough to keep it above 32F…

i started a bunch of zinnia in trays and picked out a bunch of dead ones and put them back under lights…just too many days of clouds.

I mentioned that Tomcot was first, then pretty much all the rest of them following quickly behind. Still waiting for most of Flavor Delight and Montrose. Early Blush and Autumn Glo are yet to pop at all.

1 Like

I admire your dedication. Mine are at a calyx red stage. I’ll let them be this year. It is not supposed to get danaged by 27 F at this stage.

It will start getting danaged at 22 F. I have not seen 22F in the next 10 day forecast.