How is your weather? (Part 1)

I just discovered that my Flavor Supreme blooms that have been at popcorn stage since early March is toast! We didn’t really have a hard freeze but I guess it couldn’t take these weird temps for over a month now. Sad!:frowning:

New models really paint a heavy strip across N Iowa…Mason City and points east towards Prairie Du Chien… cut off to the north and south is really sharp…going to be close here…hoping for an inch or less :wink:

Rob, Sorry to disappoint, they took all the snow outta our forecast.:smiley:

Weather is vexing, MUCH colder than forecast

The other day, Chicago recorded a record low high, I wonder if today might do the same

Light snow right now. Starting to warm up on Sunday and looking good after that.

Tony

Yesterday it was 99F in Oklahoma and 33F in N Iowa…crazy temp contrast north to south.

Snow falling here…big white flakes.

1 Like

Yesterday

1 Like

For now the cool weather crops are thriving! 7:30 pm, is it January? Sadly this pushes back the banana planting a week :frowning:

2 Likes

Snowing since lunch=ish time… probably 4 or 5 inches of heavy wet slop. Fun stuff. Sun please!

I like the idea of putting a soil temperature meter to monitor the soil

Soil moisture and temperature sensors are available as options for most Davis weather stations or as stand-alone battery operated field stations.

does the soil temperature meter have to be brought inside for the winter?

snow mostly had melted yesterday buy but we got more snow last night. Now, the roof is covered by the snow again, not too bad, less than an inch. Should be melted away when the sun is out.
Forecast said we are going to have high in mid to upper 50s ( a day or two by end of this weekend maybe in low 60s) for a week or so, but night temperature is still in upper 30s. Is it a good weather to start graft plum and apricot, maybe sweet cherry?

Today should be our first 50 degree day of the year, and Sunday is supposed to hit a high in the low 60s. Nothing like having the first 50 and 60 degree days in the third week of April.

2 Likes

I use a digital meat thermometer

your digital meat thermometer temperature range goes that low? Mine has upper/lower limit

It goes well below freezing

Checked it - goes to 40 below and up to 450!!!

Overnite snow is melting now. They Say tonight should be the last frost.

Not sure I can trust Them, tho.

spring is right around the corner,well,Not yet.IMG_20180419_092718564
IMG_20180419_092637577
IMG_20180419_092508644

19 inches of snow in April…which is a new record that dates back 130 years… Coldest April start in history. Tomatoes in Sept.

April 19th snowman…he’s very sad. The high sun angle is going to cause some severe burning.

14 Likes