How is your weather? (Part 1)

Well.looking into May it looks normal to maybe a tad above…no 100Fs yet… maybe we can sneak in a May heat wave to get things moving…a week of 95F or better…tropical heat too…right out of the bowels of the Caribbean…hmmm…

2 Likes

might touch 60 by next mon. last time we hit that temp was last oct. gonna warm up fast! still 40in. of ice on the lakes means certain flooding! glad im on high ground.

I doubt it … but you can check the details on their site.

Next Tues and more so Thurs look 70F ish here… GFS shows 80Fs on May 2nd… Snow is melting like crazy this afternoon…

1 Like

I always was sure no matter how late and cold spring is, summer will eventually come. After today’s snow(once again) I am not anymore. I planted peas today, and when I finished I suddenly felt deep sadness. And it came to me… Summer is not going to come this year. Why do I still bother planing anything?

1 Like

GOES 16 shows the snow cover great this afternoon…you can actually see the southern fringes melt away if you loop it.

We had 1/16" rain this morning.

1 Like

That cracks me up. Sorry, but that’s barely enough to wet the meter. :blush:

2 Likes

Afternoon shot of the midwest…very deep snow fell over parts of Iowa…i see some foot or better reports. Areas around Green Bay got over 30 inches of snow during the last storm…

https://lance-modis.eosdis.nasa.gov/imagery/subsets/?subset=AERONET_Ames.2018109.terra.2km.jpg

Took all my container trees outside today… they stay out now. I need to spray copper over weekend.

3 Likes

Yup, that works out to 10 Tablespoons per square foot.

2 Likes

I had the pleasure to drive to Storm Lake, Ia., 2 days ago. Massive quantities of snow yet and they got 6-8" more yesterday. Some flooding already and more to come. The Confucian curse, “May you live in interesting times”, yup!

About to go to bed at about 2am, and it’s around 33°. Here we are on freakin’ April 20, and the heat is on, and I’m fretting about my strawberries getting nipped by a freeze. Supposedly it’s only forecast to get to 33, but that’s already been met with 5 more hours of darkness left.

Egads I wish it’d warm up already. We have one more night forecast near freezing (2morrow) and then it’s highs in the 60s and lows in the 40s for the next 10 days.

To add to my angst, I noticed today that one of my blackberries that had sprouted recently got “unprofessionally pruned” by some varmit. The fields and lawn are flush with lush green grass, and you have to munch on my 4in tall sprout?? :angry: I got 10 more raspberry plants that will hopefully sprout soon, I’ll have to try to figure out how to protect them.

2 Likes

Yep, it’s the day - finally spring

Will do copper today against FB - saw first signs of leaf tip yesterday

Yup, but we call that ‘dew’.

4 Likes

Peach trees starting to set fruit and patches of frost on the ground - low was 34. Wonder how many peaches and pears I lost today?

I have 50 strawberries in 1 gallon pots inside…all going out today. Hopefully i can just scoot them in the garage at night. Weekend looks great outside of maybe some clouds tonite…60Fs for sure Sunday…tomorrow should be close.

Weather has been very good this spring…I might have to thin pretty substantially, but don’t want to count my chicken yet. Extended forecast looks great.

2 Likes

Yup…it’s horrible in the upper midwest:

30daytemp

1 Like

I have some new Earlyglow plants - will put them out this weekend

1 Like

My EG have been blooming for a couple weeks now. I’ve noticed that some of the blooms look black on the inside, does that indicate a frostbitten, probably dead bloom? We had a low of 30 this morning, and I’m wondering if that is too low for open blossoms.

There are other buds starting to open, so they should make it okay.

Did you get your “Y” strawbs put out yet? How did they look when you got them?