Id this insect please

Can anyone take a shot at identifying this one?

Thanx
Mike

2 Likes

Maybe a young katydid?

That was my guess as well…

Scott

I’ll take a “shot” instead:

Compare your insect to tree cricket nymph (Oecanthinae) .

Head in image above is wrong for katydid at any stage.

1 Like

OOOOPS!!!

Someone just pointed out that I needed to correct a “typo” in my original post.

I now corrected the post to clarify that I was asking if anyone could take a “shOt” at identifying the bug.

Fat thumb on small phone keyboard strikes again.

Mike

1 Like

I was not sure where to post this, or if I should start a new thread. I don’t think that this insect is doing anything bad, yet does anyone recognize it?

Stink bug?

3 Likes

I don’t think so, I can find no photo of a stink bug that looks like that.

It does look like a kind of stink bugs.

https://www.google.com/search?client=safari&hl=en-us&biw=1024&bih=666&ei=k0kvX4yzDZOfytMPpJeWgAU&q=stink+bugs&oq=&gs_lcp=ChNtb2JpbGUtZ3dzLXdpei1zZXJwEAEYATICCCkyAggpMgIIKTICCCkyAggpMgIIKTICCCkyAggpMgIIKTICCCkyAggpMgYIKRAWEB4yBwgpEEcQsAMyAggpMgcIKRBHELADOgQIABBHOgcIKRBDEJMCOgIILjoCCAA6BQgAELEDOgQILhBDOgQILhAKOgUILhCxA1C_VFimX2C1bGgAcAF4AYABigGIAYkHkgEDNy4zmAEAoAEBsAEPwAEB&sclient=mobile-gws-wiz-serp#imgrc=rDsw3SQyYcPYFM

2 Likes

Hmmmm, maybe it’s a rare type of black stink bug - Proxys punctulatus (Palisot), yet look at all that white area at the bottom, and the legs don’t have black on it.

@LarryGene and @Bradybb could help you with this. Need more pics of the whole body.

1 Like

I have not seen it since I took the photos, one was just clearer than the rest, no different angles

Looks like a stink bug. Oblique view in image makes it hard to be more precise.

4 Likes

That’s a stink bug no doubt

3 Likes