Idea for maintaining a lot of Stewe Tree Pots

Had to organize my backyard so bought some cattle panels and some goat and sheep panels. Cattle panels are half the price of sheep panels. I put down some ground cover, some 12x12 pavers and cattle panel with some chicken wire on top, some concrete blocks and then the goat and sheep panel. It holds a lot of tree pots that are spaced out for summer growing.

13 Likes

That looks like a good idea. About 5 years ago I had a bunch of these and I never could figure out a cheap way to have them easily accessible, spaced out, and not in danger of falling over.

2 Likes

That looks great! For smaller quantities, I’ve found milk crates work well, but they’re pretty crowded if your trees are of any size. 9 of the 9.5" “mini” tree pots fit perfectly in a standard milk crate.

I’ve been using milk crates and have the same sentiment, it works pretty well but can crowd a little bit. The welded wire setup looks pretty nice

1 Like

I recently cut these long goat panels into 4 foot sections. Make it easier to handle and I can tailor the size/number of sections to what I really need.

2 Likes