In case you weren't busy this weekend

Finally taking care of a project I’ve put off for years…

If you’re interested it’s about 4 cubic yards and I’m about a 1/3rd done. So if you have NOTHING going on stop by!!! Lol!!!

16 Likes

That looks like real work!

1 Like

My back got sore just looking at those pictures… . .

1 Like

@Sean2280 looks great! Get a few beers on ice!

1 Like

It wouldn’t be so bad if I didn’t have to cut out some areas. In some places I left the dirt from the original construction of the planters. Well on the side you see I had to remove an area about 1-1.5’x4’x10… then on the other side I spent just about all day yesterday cutting it away. Moved the dirt to the bottom to even out the grade. I think by noon today I can start hauling rocks again.

1 Like

And here is where we stand…

And here is what’s left…

6 Likes

Those rocks look heavy…

1 Like

You’re almost there buddy. The end is in site. The journey of a thousand miles…
Are those posts for a fence? Lighting? Netting? All of the above. :blush:
Looking forward to photos of the finish. How far is this from your house?

1 Like

Yeah… these are whats considered “Large River Rock” Some pieces are the size of large marbles, maybe bigger… some are about 3" in size. They ain’t small I can tell ya that!

The place I bought it from estimate around 1,600+lbs per cubic yard.

How you going to keep the rocks out of the grass?

1 Like

Gravity?

1 Like

Yeah… the end is in sight. Now just the bottom half. I’m thinking the best thing to do would be to do a row at the far bottom to help prevent the rocks from using gravity and popping right over the edging when I drop them up at the top.

The posts now that you comment on them were pretty much nothing more than to hold up the deer fencing… But I did look yesterday morning at doing landscaping lights around the area… these would be perfect to use for that. So thanks for the idea!!

The distance is around 90ft to the back of my house in a straight shot. My yard does however dip, so the line isn’t straight. where the rocks sit currently to the area of construction is only 20ish feet.

1 Like

I have an edging. Look at the pictures, you’ll notice it.

2 Likes

Alrighty, and after I got home from my day job and started in here is where we stand…

6 Likes

Ok… got the rock done earlier this week. Decided I wanted the area to look nice, especially around the border. Give the wife and I something to mow, prevent the tall weeds that grow in that area from overtaking the rocks, and just keep it looking nice and clean. So I bought a square +13 of sod and started to go to town. Got the square layed down, just got the 13 left over… that’ll be for tomorrow. After that’s done to help prevent the weeds from creeping in I’m going to buy some 6" metal edging. Lay it across the back side. Let me know what you think.

Just got this area left…

9 Likes

Sod may be even more heavy than stones

2 Likes

Ok, so far here is what it looks like as of this afternoon.

5 Likes

I have about 4 sections (8ft long) of edging already installed, just no chance for a picture. All in all I’m pretty happy with my progress.

3 Likes

You should be! Looks awesome.

1 Like