Indian Free ready at last!

I grow both too! I made some hot pepper jams that i use as a glaze on pork and chicken. It’s sweet and hot, much like some Asian sauces. Not bad! Always looking for ways to use the garden harvest! Thanks! I have to check that site out.

Ahhh you have friends in the Phoenix valley I see. Yes Schnepf farms has been around for a long long time. The varieties they grow are mediocre and they are definitely a commercial money making operation, with all the corners cut and compromises that come with it. They dont thin…they do you-pick. Which pretty much guarantees that peaches with be small and of low quality and will also be picked far too green by customers who are totally ignorant of fruit.

1 Like

Yes Bill Lantz, a great guy! In Mesa originally from PA 30 years ago. Worked for the University of Phoenix Credit Union, now looking for another job. IT guy, ran the ATM’s for the credit union. Musician, Music historian also. I met him online before the internet. Well he was on the internet I was on a bulletin board that had access to the internet. At that time only Universities had internet connections. No such thing as an ISP at that time.

Yes, well I gave him a chance to taste real fruit! I’ll send him more next year.
I must say getting a harvest this year was the most fun ever! I was like him before all this too, well i knew the fruit was crap, and when a kid my parents had trees, so I knew what was possible. It took me a long time to at last try and realize it again, and it was excellent this year to get so much awesome fruit. i will always grow Indian Free, and many others too.

1 Like