Iris Source

Just wanted to put in a positive word for an online iris nursery I patronized for the first time this year–Stout Gardens at Dancingtree. I have no connection to the business other than being a customer.

I was looking for a source for miniature tall bearded irises (MTB’s), and this was one of the few places that seemed to have a good selection. I was a little concerned at first because their website is very 1990’s looking, and I received no order confirmation when I placed my order months ago except for the PayPal receipt, and no other communication until I received an email yesterday with the tracking info. But the iris rhizomes arrived today, in the time frame I chose for shipping, and they are big and beautiful. They also sent bonus MTB irises, a copy of their (really beautiful) catalog that normally sells for $6, and a friendly handwritten note. I found their website to be a little difficult to navigate, so the catalog is a big help.

Some of the irises they offer are their own creations, but they also carry varieties by other hybridizers. They are in Oklahoma City OK.

2 Likes

The ones that are 1990’s looking are the best. That means they do business, not marketing…