It’s order time

6 Likes

My SWCD charges $35 per 25 trees for most species…plus 7.5% sales tax.

SWCD are good places to get wild plum rootstock for bench grafting.

Which is to say, for those who haven’t yet discovered this wonderful yet still somewhat unknown resource, your local county conservation district offers great savings on native trees, shrubs and flowers. Spread the word!

1 Like

I purchased the Wildlife Package.

My local conservation district usually charges between $25-$35 for grafted fruit trees ranging 6-9 feet tall, not including the root ball, and really well branched. I’ve taken full advantage and planted multiple trees every year. This year I’m ordering Evans Bali cherry, a couple apples, a plum tree or two, and probably a couple pear. They also sell all the typical smaller bush and native trees for about $2 a piece.

I’m getting a grafted butternut, canker resistant. It will pollinate the seedlings in our woods. Some of the seedlings may be resistant too, so Nature can do a mass selection, grin.
The local native tree nursery doesn’t have their catalogue up yet.

Dang. It looks like I’ve overpaid for Caragana, Nanking Cherry, and Buffaloberry. Where is this and do they ship out of state?

I’m on the border of ND and SD. Unfortunately the conservation district does not ship but you might check out Lincoln Oakes nursery out of Bismarck. I’m pretty sure they have many of the same varieties and they do ship.