It's still summer here

7 Likes

50 degrees and sunny. Nice fall weather.

2 Likes

@Richard How are your fig trees? Still producing? :blush:

Perfect fall weather. All the apples and pears are in, and we’re still eating kale and a very little bit of romaine from the garden. The last of our tomatoes (ripened indoors) will go tonight.

3 Likes

Our temps are starting to drop. This mornings low is 43f and highs are expected to be 65-75. This time of the year we normally get a break and the humidity also goes down. Great time to work with my fruit trees. I only have three Pink Lady apples remaining on the trees.

2 Likes

Today at noon: 80°F, 12% humidity.

1 Like

@Ahmad - figs are still ripening! Looking forward to trying Sal’s EL in a few days.

2 Likes

Our Flavor Grenade pluot has decided it’s Fall, the Cot-N-Candy aprium not so much!

2 Likes

I think summer is finally over. Apparently it’s snowing nearby!

2 Likes

I’m curious to know which of your figs will keep fruiting till it’s officially too cold.

I believe they are done with growth of any kind. There are fruits in various stages on many of the potted figs, on the in-ground Osborn Prolific, but not the in-ground VdB – which stopped producing a month ago. The existing fruits are “hardening”. I don’t think they’ll ripen any further this year – maybe never.

1 Like

Hi Richard. Curious to know what kind of cinder blocks are those your using for your tree rings? I was thinking of buying some cal stone ones and cant decide which size to get.

Those are about 14" across the front and 12" across the back. Locally they’re manufactured by RCP.

1 Like