Lantai Jululi aka Fragrant pear

@tonyOmahaz5 when does it bloom typically? I suspect ive still got some time to wait before it fruits.

1 Like

Mine did not fruit this year.

1 Like

I got the Lantai Jujuli scions from ARS last year. According to the description on ARS site, it’s a fragrant pear. My grafts all took and I saw the similar leaves and growing habits as others described on this thread. After some research, this pear is not the famous “Kuler Fragrant Pear” (库尔勒香梨), but it did come from Xinjiang where the fragrant pears grow. The real name is Luntai Jujuli (轮台句句梨), where Luntai is the name of a county in Xinjiang. Jujuli is a collection of similar pears in that area. There are many other jujulis, possibly with similar shapes, tastes and growing habits, but some small differences, such as Kuler Jujuli, HeseJujuli(brown jujuli). I couldn’t find any pictures or any other descriptions of this kind of pear. Most likely, as others said, it’s an European pear and not that liked in Xinjiang and China so there’s little economic value.

So finally we have solved this puzzle and I cut down most of the grafts and only left one branch.

4 Likes

I was wondering about Luntai Jujuli.轮台句句梨 Thanks for sharing