Let the 2019 sales begin!

If your looking for that 18-24" or larger Romeo or Juliet cherries Gurneys has them for 35% off according to the sale. Thats around the normal price for large plants $29.99. They discounted wowza a little already but not much yet.

1 Like

If you could only pick one , which would it be? Thanks for sharing the sales info!

1 Like

@MegF in my opinion Juliet hands down over romeo. Carmine jewell is another great choice

Carmine jewell is said to grow a little slower (i suspect you wait an extra year or more on cherries) is more sour, but out produces the others in cherries by about 5 pounds eventually (5th or 6th year)which appears to be true since ive seen repeatedly how heavy the yields are once its established.

I’ve got a Carmine jewel arriving today from Stark Bro’s. $30 plus shipping (gurney’s) sounds a bit expensive for 1 plant but if is worth it, well …:wink:

1 Like

Gurneys started their bogo 1 cent sale than ends May 11th. Any item such as the wowza cherry that is $79.99 will now include a second bush for 1 cent.

2 Likes

That is a good deal if two people wanted to split an order for two items.

2 Likes

@tonyOmahaz5
The shipping is $18! Gurneys is always working some angle! I skipped the sale.

I was a sucker for that picture. Man, those look great!

1 Like

Did you order one?

1 Like

Stark bros has cut their prices pretty much. 9.99 shipping also.

1 Like

I ordered a couple Wowzas. The fruit looks amazing

2 Likes

@39thparallel

Im hoping they run a summer sale soon on the wowza.

Starkbros is running a sale on pears for around $10-$30! That may sound like normal prices but some varities are fairly unusual.

1 Like

I got my 2 Stark bros sale trees today. They look a little rough. I must have got the last two after they picked the good ones off the pile. LOL!

2 Likes

Many were waiting for the real 40% off sale at Gurneys https://m.gurneys.com/ but it ends May 18th. Wowza cherry is $47.99 if you were waiting for that. Already made purchases from Starks Stark Bro's Sale - (In case you wondered...) - #251 by AnnaBee

Raintree has great prices until the 31st https://raintreenursery.com
If you need rootstocks etc they are very reasonable.

If anybody knows who has this available not on sale but available please let me know! on Sale would be great but I’ll be glad just to find them. Because I search several places but they are sell out and I couldn’t find them anywhere.
Aprium Cot-N-Candy, Flavor Delight
Nectaplum Spice Zee
Nectarine Double Delight, Desert Delight.

Thanks

It is a little late this time of the year for those trees. You may have to order them in the fall for next Spring delivery. Grow Organic sold Cot-N-Candy for around $24 this early Spring.

1 Like

Thanks Tony

If possible, you should ask forum members living in the mid Atlantic area about their experience growing these hybrids.

I’ve seen it often that new members reading positive reviews about some varieties from growers in CA, OR, WA (quite different climate than the east coast) and feel that those are the “ must have” for them, too. Then, it may take a few year before the “must have” turn into the “must remove”. I do not say that this is always true but it is helpful to hear from people near you.

@speedster1, @scottfsmith are the two I remember living in WV and MD. I can’t remember who in VA but there are.

4 Likes